Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-18-2009, 12:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

900: Lez Be Friends

"You know you're gonna get a lot of shit for this, right?"

Lauren Hennessy on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ham and Pineapple pizza is the best.... and lesbians.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

I’m black and intentionally over tip because of the stereotype (usually around 30-50%), same goes for my friends. With that said I had no idea that waiters make no money, like Chemda, I thought waiters make at least $150 a week plus tips. As for why most blacks don’t tip, my guess would be in general we just aren’t aware or just don‘t care.
Its funny, but most people that I’ve talked to, regardless of weight really don’t tip, or just assume that its part of the overall bill. I once dated a girl (white) who refused to tip over 10 bucks regardless of the bill and she was very well off. Every time we went out, we would always argue over the topic, and she once told me of a roommate she had that would make around $200 a night. This was at a time when my ex was really struggling and wasn't even making half of what her roommate made in a week. This really skewed her view on tipping.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

oh, and tipping is fucking stupid, places should just pay the waiters reasonable money and add it onto the cost of the food/drinks.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

I for one had no idea that waiters mostly made nothing but their tips in the US! When I've been on holiday there I always wondered why such a big deal was made of tipping. And now I know, I guess.

Does anyone know what the deal is in the UK? When I was at Uni, I had student friends who worked as waiters/waitresses and they got paid a decent hourly rate (more than I was paid for my shop work) and any tips were just extra. So if they were good, they ended up coming home with a lot of money on top of their basic wage, which they could rely on.

In the USA, how do restaurants get round minimum wage laws? Do waiters' tips count towards their minimum wage?

The system should be changed. I'm sure customers wouldn't mind if restaurants just added the cost of paying waiters a decent wage onto the cost of the food and tips were only optional for really good service.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

gayGAYgayGAY
Old 02-18-2009, 04:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Delivering pizzas is a sweet tipping gig. I got $6 plus whatever tips I made.

As for blacks tipping (I have a feeling lots of blacks will chime in on this), I tip very well.

Now I'll say this: I don't like this whole bullshit, Everybody on the same bill, New Fucking York City shit. I hate it, i hate it, i hate it. Somebody always ends up getting fucked and having to pay more, because someone else didn't pay enough. And then, if you decide to divide the bill between everyone there, I gotta pay extra because it's the nice thing to do?

I'm poor! I order something cheap on the menu, because I expect to only pay $8, plus like $4 for tip. Not $20 because we decided to split the bill, now I have to pay for beers that I didn't drink, and since I don't wanna look like poor kid Jerome, I'm using my lunch money for the week at a dinner that I probably should have stayed home for, but fuck me because I wanted to enjoy peoples company. I'm going to have to seriously consider each dinner invite I receive in the future.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

I recently went out with a girl that only made 2.30 an hour as a waitress. She said that sometimes her tips would only be around 15 dollars and that would include coins!

I'd rather work as the one who cleans the toilets at the lone petrol station in the back of beyond of Nowhere!
Old 02-18-2009, 04:53 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowTechGrrl View Post
I recently went out with a girl that only made 2.30 an hour as a waitress. She said that sometimes her tips would only be around 15 dollars and that would include coins!

I'd rather work as the one who cleans the toilets at the lone petrol station in the back of beyond of Nowhere!
With Billy Bob running the bowser.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

Haha! Newsy's poor!

Today's laughter is sponsored by: My parents.