Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What did you think of the Billy Bob's interviewer?
Thumbs up. He did what he could in a difficult situation. 259 87.80%
Thumbs down. He was a pussy, and he skirted around Billy Bob's stupidity. 36 12.20%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2009, 12:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

936: Extra Gravy

"Keep eating your shit!"

Dark Sided Since 1979 - Hell and Heartaches

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

The only logical explanation is that he the interviewer set him off by opening up with what the had allegedly agreed wouldn't be discussed.

The immediate analogy that goes off is the Letterman/Phoenix interview, but that situation was far more bizarre and had far less context than this.

The rest of the band appears a little put off from the onset of the interview as well (could be the 6 a.m. on air time I suppose), which leads you to believe a line was crossed and they decided to stick it to this guy.

It is incredibly naive to think that a relatively new band containing a prolific actor such a Billy Bob could do a radio spot in a foreign country and not have his other career mentioned, or more importantly, why would they want that? 30 Seconds to Mars was constantly referred to as "the Jared Leto band" and it helped them tremendously.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What's the name of the documentary about people loving objects that Patrice (my hero!) mentioned?

Also Billy Bob is a pschopath. Always has been. But the "Q" interviewer did what he could. Most of the interviewers are a lot more condescending. It's a job.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 04-10-2009 at 04:40 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Done Keith - I'll bring the cross-stiching KATG logo next week its your birthday after all!
Old 04-10-2009, 06:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

The interviewer did very well. Chances are when Billy Bob mentioned that the didn't want any talk about his past endeavors at all, the interviewer thought he meant, "don't ask me any specific questions relating to my films etc."
As it was the interviewer did what every interviewer does when bringing on a prolific guest, make brief mention of past exploits to hook any interested parties.

Billy Bob could've been a lot less of a douche if he'd just stopped him part way through the intro and asked him not to make mention of his career rather than coming off as extremely high/retarded. The whole interview was ruined when his band, who I'm assuming aren't always that dull, decided to side with him and not play ball.
In the end it's the band that're going to come out worse because they just came off as boring, talentless fucks who're about as interested in putting on a good show as they are about when the next High School Musical hits theaters.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawdog View Post
Billy Bob could've been a lot less of a douche if he'd just stopped him part way through the intro and asked him not to make mention of his career rather than coming off as extremely high/retarded.

People (Not you Strawdog, i'm talking generally) seem to forget that the man has always been a nutjob. Good actor, yes, but still a freak. Guys like him, Bruce Willis, Joaquim Phoenix, are always a mess to interview. I feel sympathetic towards the interviewer 'cause i used to do his same job (in a much smaller scale) and i have interviewed some idiots who think that they can treat you like shit because they're famous, and you're a "journalist" (which for those asswarts equals a scumbag)

Last edited by Junkenstein; 04-10-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
People (Not you Strawdog, i'm talking generally) seem to forget that the man has always been a nutjob.
True, I've never seen one of his films but I know he was in that Bad Santa thing and the other film where he was a PE teacher. I just assumed he was a shitty actor but I guess he's just too nuts for major studios to work with.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawdog View Post
True, I've never seen one of his films but I know he was in that Bad Santa thing and the other film where he was a PE teacher. I just assumed he was a shitty actor but I guess he's just too nuts for major studios to work with.
Lately hes been typecast as the old skinny freak, or the authority figure. In the old times he did very good stuff, like "Sling Blade", "A Simple Plan" and "The man who wasn't there".

And he was also known as the first freaky lover of angelina jolie (when she wasn't the cute anrexic she's nowadays, and more of a hot psycho bitch)
Old 04-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

Chemda's Throaty Bologna Love

Chemda's throaty bologna love had me in stitches.

That "somebody" is me.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

There are actual people who "love" food, they're called "sploshers" or something like that.

Don't look at me wird now. John Waters told that in a press conference he did for "a dirty shame" (his last movie, the one with johnny knoxville).

Apparently these people "looooooooooove" bologna and raw steaks. He said that, i didn't.