Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: After looking at The Easter Baskets, which basket is the best?
Basket A 26 31.71%
Basket B 21 25.61%
Basket C 17 20.73%
Basket D 8 9.76%
Basket E 10 12.20%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #31 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'd buy Michael a fuck load of shots just to smooch him all night. DAMN MY EUROPEAN...NESS...!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #32 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I completely agree with BroLo about musicians shutting the hell up about their political views or what have you. I remember seeing some Pearl Jam video where Eddie Vedder took out a marker and scrawled "Pro Choice" up his arm during a musical break. I mean, good for you and everything, but nobody gives a shit. Also, you're an 8 year old who needs attention. You couldn't let the camera move towards the rest of the band for a second while you weren't singing, so you got creative. And by creative, I mean retarded.

I never liked Pearl Jam, but since then I've wanted to slap Eddie Vedder in the face repeatedly until he cries like the little girl he is.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundane Soul View Post
I completely agree with BroLo about musicians shutting the hell up about their political views or what have you. I remember seeing some Pearl Jam video where Eddie Vedder took out a marker and scrawled "Pro Choice" up his arm during a musical break. I mean, good for you and everything, but nobody gives a shit. Also, you're an 8 year old who needs attention. You couldn't let the camera move towards the rest of the band for a second while you weren't singing, so you got creative. And by creative, I mean retarded.

I never liked Pearl Jam, but since then I've wanted to slap Eddie Vedder in the face repeatedly until he cries like the little girl he is.
That's not fair. If someone is very disgusted by things he sees in the news or in his life , in Vedder's case the opinion of Pro-Lifers and the Religious Right (who do their own grandstanding and use bombs and guns to get their point across) then why can't he irritate them in return? He has the eyes of millions on him. Why can't he use his forum to piss off the opposition?

I know someone will say, "well he just turned away some potential fans" Okay. I see your point, I guess that is why Pearl Jam have been around for near 20 years. You can't sell your principals down the road for a couple of assholes.

And I am sure that is what he was thinking : "maybe the camera man will shoot me more if I write this on my arm." He's the charismatic leader of one of the most popular bands ever. He knows he'll be on camera. Instead of forcing his children to stand in front abortion clinics so they can all scream at frightened teenage girls, Vedder just writes two words on his own arm, doesn't say a word about it, and infuriates people, causing them to be pissed about it everytime they think of him. I'd say he did a good job.

As for the part about taking attention from the rest of the band, they thank their lucky stars the day they met Eddie Vedder. They may have be talented, but it takes more than that to be popular, influential and make money.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #34 (permalink)

As a young person many years ago, my life improved significantly when I finally learned this little ditty:

Whiskey on beer, never fear.
Beer on whiskey, mighty risky.

Just sayin'

Old 04-15-2009, 10:56 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSLIN View Post
As a young person many years ago, my life improved significantly when I finally learned this little ditty:

Whiskey on beer, never fear.
Beer on whiskey, mighty risky.

Just sayin'

Yeah that works. The one I learned was:

beer before liquor, never sicker
liquor before beer, in the clear.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #36 (permalink)

My Stickman icon might predispose some of you to ignore this, but I'm tired of the shit talking against a truly great band.

Pearl Jam's sold approx. 60 million albums in 18 years... KISS has sold about 70 million in about 35 years...

One year after forming, their first album had gone triple platinum. They've sold out every tour since then, and their shows average between 2.5 and 3 hours long (with about 5-7 minutes of talking scattered around within, usually around the encore breaks).

Any musician who's seen them perform in the past ten years will, without fail, talk about how incredible they are live (hell, watch the two songs they did on VH-1's Rock Honors show for The Who). They allow people to download their bootlegs - even the official bootlegs, as long as they're no longer selling the show, so you can get almost any show up to the 2006 tour without fear of being busted by the copyright police. There's even a thread on their website with links to cd-quality downloads of every show from 2000/2003/2005/2006 Pearl Jam - Ten Club Community.

Even if you aren't a fan, you should respect them.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #37 (permalink)

Music Question

Not sure if I understood the music question right.
Just thinking of bands that have never changed there approach
I think of
AC/DC never changed a thing. And never stopped playing arenas (I don’t think)
Old 04-20-2009, 01:53 AM   #38 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

No they didn't. They still play in big sold out arenas and still kick 100 asses. They put out new albums to play the classics live....