Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 09-07-2005, 10:43 AM   #21 (permalink)

John and Wendy will be there. Looking forward to it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:55 PM   #22 (permalink)

D&D will be there. I hope Keith punches Dawn right in the mouth and makes a Podcast out of it.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:58 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C.
so dickhead.. what is copyrighted in this last post???
http://www.churchsigngenerator.com/index_1.php
i did not seee any copy right , on this page??
so infom me ole wise one! :twisted:
Hey Pete C!! Sorry to get you all wound up. I'm kind of new to this posting on Forums shit, so please forgive me if I offended you in some way with my lack of forum posting etiquette. My message regarding the use of copyright material wasn't meant to be an attack on your cute photo/image of the church sign. I was referring to the Keith and the Girl podcasts. At the end of just about every Keith and the Girl Show they play a song which (I'm guessing) is copyrighted material. I'm not complaining about this, and it doesn't offend me in any way. I just find it kind of funny that they don't seem to give a damn that they are doing this in light of all the fucked up things the RIAA has been doing lately. I'm not a lawyer and I'm not going to pretend to know what you can and can't play on a podcast. However I've listened to a few other podcasts, and I've noticed how some of them seem very careful about playing music that isn't "pod safe". I must admit that I'm making a huge assumption that they (KATG) haven't sought and received permission to use this copyright material on their show. Again, I'm not complaining...I just don't want to see anyone get hurt, especially my favorite podcast people (KATG)...and I especially didn't mean to hurt you (Pete C).

Keep on trukin'.... PEACE!!!!

P.S. I've listened to only a couple (two) Dawn & Drew episodes several months ago. Seriouly, I couldn't get into it. But I still think Dawn is a COMPLETE Babe! Or is it Drew? :shock:
Old 09-08-2005, 08:31 AM   #24 (permalink)

Re: michael g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie O
i am game for a ride. though we have to fuck with dawn and drew at their party...i am working on material.
I made a teeshirt for them once and they got all "we have our own merchandising and would like it if you did not use our name on anything" so i took their web site address off the shirt but left the slogan and graphic. you could buy one and wear it. i am sure that they woud be pissed they passed it up and then try to sue me.
I will mark it down to cost
Old 09-23-2005, 04:27 PM   #25 (permalink)

assuming that i still have a job by then i'll fly out. when is everyone going? both days? it'd be fun as hell.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:51 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleestaxx
I made a teeshirt for them once and they got all "we have our own merchandising and would like it if you did not use our name on anything" so i took their web site address off the shirt but left the slogan and graphic. you could buy one and wear it. i am sure that they woud be pissed they passed it up and then try to sue me.
I will mark it down to cost

I think KATG and DnD are kissing behind the barn, so that may not fly.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:42 PM   #27 (permalink)

Copyright Stuff

I've read about every podcasting book on the market. They all say the same thing. No exceptions. No "if I talk over it," no "If its less than 15 seconds," if they want to they could go after you. As much you think "they won't go after me" someone just told me the RIAA just went after some more P2P titles. I'm sure eventually they will take out a podcaster. On the other hand Adam Curry is playing mash ups every day, and thats breaks the rules multiple times with one song. You need permission from the label (in most cases they own the song, not the artist). I'm guilty of this as well. I just played a Spinal Tap clip (I interviewed Derek Small's wife on my podcast). I just know Keith and I have the same musical taste, I was so happy to hear the Crue the other day. Hopefully the RIAA keeps their sites off of KATG.

See you fuckers in CA.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:01 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammindave
On the other hand Adam Curry is playing mash ups every day, and thats breaks the rules multiple times with one song.
See you fuckers in CA.
Curry is over seas and he believes they can not touch him over there, so that is why he keepson doing it.

I am alreading California, just do not buy a house here when you come to visit, We have enough out of state-ers.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:40 AM   #29 (permalink)

Ok quick question for anyone and everyone. Are there going to be KATG gatherings ouside of the expo? I don't really want to/can't go to the Con but I would consider it an honor and priviledge to go out drinking with Kieth. It would be like a confirmation of my drinking abilities to go drink for drink with him all night. I imagine something like that will be happening, just curious if any details have been put forth.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:04 PM   #30 (permalink)

Hey Keet, you guys planning on anything specific while you're out there? Any shows? Interviews?

Hook up with Mike C. From what I've heard he's got a pretty killer portable podcasting rig.

Who the hell started calling it a rig. Sounds like a hillbilly.