Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 09-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #21 (permalink)

I liked JFOD with the mic stand and when he roasted Keith. Not so much the rest, he tried to ad-lib to much.

I thought Christian was really good and haven't seen to many give him props yet.

Ray was good at the dais but what was up with his behavior on the bench?

The whole roast was edited to look like an alcoholics convention! Shows that everyone needed to drink to pretend the roast doesn't actually hurt their feelings
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyReference View Post
I thought Christian was really good and haven't seen to many give him props yet.
I was expecting the greatness that Jesse and Mike delivered but Christian caught me by surprise a little bit with just how sharp and tight his set was. Turns out that dude has mad chops.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #23 (permalink)

The Roast

OMG, the roast is so friggin funny! I'm going to have to donate another $20 because $20 is just not enough for the dvd!
Old 09-06-2011, 05:57 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I was expecting the greatness that Jesse and Mike delivered but Christian caught me by surprise a little bit with just how sharp and tight his set was. Turns out that dude has mad chops.
I've been lucky to see Christian a few times. He is amazing.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #25 (permalink)

Great Roast but some bits were a bit harsh. i.e. jokes against Ray DeVito, John O'Donnell (though he was definitely harsh against Lauren).

I absolutely agree that even the "non-comics" were great. The "veterans" (Jesse and Christian) were great and I also loved Mike Lawrence and John O'Donnell (I sincerely don't see what type dislike in this man. His "arrogance" and erratic behaviour is part of the schtick. Maybe a little truth in it, but there's a little truth in everyone's stage presence.)
Old 09-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #26 (permalink)

Holy shit that was HILARIOUS. Unfortunately my wife thinks I'm gay now because I was crying so fucking hard during the whole DVD. I'm glad I wasn't at the show live because I'm sure I would have ruined the take with laughing, snorting, and general girlish squeals at astonishing punchlines.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #27 (permalink)

G*d Damn the roast is great. Pats video had me in tears.
Jesse is a pro, awesome fucking job. Lauren was hilarious too.
Its hard to say who was the best but, JFOD, fuck. Does he know he didnt say words half the time? And Mike fucking killed it at the end too. So hilarious.
Here's a still of Christian
Old 09-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #28 (permalink)

wow!!!

Just saw the roast so funny, I'm sorry that I didn't go. Everyone was so good, but I really think Jesse is a genius!!!

Thanks for the funnies.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #29 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've watched the Roast twice on DVD now. Not nearly enough. Fucking awesome and like the marathons, I wish the roast was a yearly event.

Jesse was just awesome. Every intro for each roaster was well researched and his intro for the entire roast is nearly worthy of the price of the DVD.
Lauren and Patrice were smooth as shit, great job!
Michael Kahlilli, love the website dude.
Ray looked like a chipmunk chewing an acorn occasionally but he was funny.
Christian Faggagan was gay and funny.
Ben Lerman is a lyrical genius.
Keith McNally... come on man, you won the opener for Keith 2 years man, tell a joke! (I still love you non-gay style).
John F O'Donnell is one of the reasons I need to watch this roast some more. It would probably help if I watched his bit in slow motion too.
And Mike Lawrence, not only one of the best guests but definitely the best roaster.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #30 (permalink)

For those who haven't purchased the roast yet and are subscribed to the VIP make sure to download and revisit all the Jesse Joyce / Ray Devito / Dan Allen episodes when they rip on each other, and if you think those episodes are hilarious like I do know that the Roast is x20 funny seeing how comedians talk about their friends.

Months ago the moment I heard Jesse Joyce was going to be roast master I knew this was going to be a must see event (this is actually the first DVD I've purchased from the store). Not many things have me laughing out loud, but I couldn't contain myself while watching this.

I would say my favorites but it's the same as what's already been said many times in this forum: JFOD, Ray Devito, Pat Dixon's video, more JFOD, and Keith and Chemda's counter strike.

I got this DVD with Keith and the Girl Live All Over the Place and it was a fun experience to watch it after this one, because a majority of the dias are featured in the behind-the-scenes KATG episodes vids and it's pretty fun.

Going to watch the Roast later again tonight!

Btw love the cover art