Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Daddy Issues

Daddy Issues Ken and Keith Malley reminisce on Dad

View Poll Results: Was Ken’s letter too harsh
Yes 1 4.35%
No 22 95.65%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree17Likes

Old 09-18-2020, 01:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

10: Solve for X

Spoiler: Keith and Ken are disowned

Guests:
Keith Malley

Ken Malley

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Scorpion likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

OH MY!
Keith likes this.
Old 09-18-2020, 04:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Holy crap. I love that Ken called him out on being childish and cryptic.

And it is unacceptable that your dad wouldn’t tell you about your mom. It isn’t a symptom of dementia to be falling all the time. And Jesus Christ with all of those injuries I wonder if she has osteoporosis-I can’t shut my geriatric social worker brain off for this. He should be keeping an eye on her. If her memory is that bad she shouldn’t be outside to possibly wander off. And even in his telling of your siblings it was all about him. And making him the victim/hero for taking care of your mother/enduring this trial. He is so fucking gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith and Scorpion like this.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Yes!!!!!! I have been waiting on tinterhooks!!!!
Keith likes this.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Awesome email from Ken not harsh at all, unfortunately father Malley can’t deal with anything close to an honest adult conversation
Old 09-20-2020, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Of course. It’s the dumbest poll we ever put up, and we’ve put up some silly shit.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hey Keith, I really relate to your difficulty navigating. I also could get disoriented in my own driveway. Well it turns out it’s actually a thing, called Developmental Topographical Disorder. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...133-9/fulltext
Scorpion likes this.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It's hard to say "I enjoy following this story" because while it is engaging, this is still you and your siblings real life and real problems. This is your helpless mother's reality. She has an elder narcissist caretaker and is absolutely in danger at this point. He uses and withholds her health information for his advantage now, to garner more sympathies from the appropriately-responding family members, cutting off his children that don't respond the way he wants, the way he's scripted.

If you are worried about your mother's safety in these circumstances, please put in a call to Adult Protective Services in their county.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

I thought both Keith and Ken's letter's were impressively well written and still kind. Keith and Ken are hurt by their Dad for yrs until they were just done taking it. Then their response is to give him many chances to own up to it and encouraged conversation.

The Dad's response to being "hurt" by being caught misbehaving is to further hurt his kids he was already disrespecting. And what's even more disgusting is he is also pulling his other kids and their own mother into trying to hurt them.

Sadly, the siblings not responding to him will result in the Dad interpreting their silence as they agree with his values and tactics...Oh wow, just realized that their silence on the emails now equals that they believe in the Dad in the Dad's brain. Arrghhh! I understand not wanting to be roped into his crap and it's hard to fight the years of conditioning, but if even one of Keith's sibling speaks up, then the majority of the kids are pushing back on the mother and siblings being used as a weapon.

Also, it seems that if they speak up, then they get the "punishment" of not having to deal with the Dad's crap anymore as he cuts them out. Soooo, bonus?
Old 09-22-2020, 10:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Who do you think voted YES in the poll?

My dad?

It's anonymous and you don't have to say, but please know for yourself you're either a sucker kid or a horrible parent.
Scorpion likes this.