Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Administrator
 
hayroob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Detroitish
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I don't hear him saying any such thing whatsoever. I can't follow what anyone thinks they've learned.

He is absolutely saying it metaphorically.
Later in first video he gets much more specific. He says directly that he is the second guy cast by a committee he was part of to play the part of Andrew WK.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Titttttiiiieees!!
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, baby!
Posts: 7,368
He's saying people designed his party persona.

If he's being so specific, maybe you can explain it to me. Why does he look just like the guy that went on tour, and why does the voice sound just like him?

He's a hippie that gets "deep." He's not saying anything shocking.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Administrator
 
hayroob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Detroitish
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
He's saying people designed his party persona.

If he's being so specific, maybe you can explain it to me. Why does he look just like the guy that went on tour, and why does the voice sound just like him?

He's a hippie that gets "deep." He's not saying anything shocking.
I'm stumped by the whole thing too, but at 5:35 he starts talking about the committee creating the persona, which is fine, but then he talks about being auditioned and the first guy who was hired wasn't him. I guess it could be metaphorical, but it sounds pretty literal.

(I'm not saying I know anything, this dude is the dude that was in Wolf Eyes in the 90s, so if there was a different dude in the middle, they found a doppleganger, but it's a pretty odd way to put it.)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VBean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DC!
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt7 View Post
Andrew WK - Real Talk Part 1

Andrew WK - Real Talk Part 2

Andrew WK - Real Talk Part 3

The videos get a little long. All that's really needed is the first one. The rest of it he is talking about it.

What does everyone think? Does this change your perspective of him?

I'd still love to see him back on the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I don't hear him saying any such thing whatsoever. I can't follow what anyone thinks they've learned.

He is absolutely saying it metaphorically.
Or! He's just batshit!

He doesn't completely say that he's a different human being than the original, just that he's a different "entity", but then he goes on to say that "the guy who was first hired to play Andrew WK is a different person then who is sitting on this stage today."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Titttttiiiieees!!
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, baby!
Posts: 7,368
He also said you're literally someone different from years ago.

Are you?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
Administrator
 
hayroob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Detroitish
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
He also said you're literally someone different from years ago.

Are you?
First half of the video, definitely a metaphor, nothing there. Second half, very confusing, seemingly non metaphorical talk about there being a different guy they hired and then later hiring him. Might be a metaphor, but man is it the wrong way to say it.

Get him back on the show and ask him, should be good entertainment either way.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
Titttttiiiieees!!
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, baby!
Posts: 7,368
I already know I wouldn't even ask him. It's silly.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 7,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayroob View Post
(I'm not saying I know anything, this dude is the dude that was in Wolf Eyes in the 90s, so if there was a different dude in the middle, they found a doppleganger, but it's a pretty odd way to put it.)
I wont see the issue as THAT conspiracy-like.

I think he's just rambling to make the story seems more important than it is. He's a fake persona, created by a studio. It's probably a similar point when Marilyn Manson says that he has been three different entities in the span of ten years. Or, like when Bowie said he "killed2 the persona of Ziggy Stardust.

Smoke to cover mediocrity. Seriously, do you think there's an army of clones designed to play "Party Hard"?

It's just a sad, cheesy bunch of gibberish used to create publicty.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
DWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayroob View Post
First half of the video, definitely a metaphor, nothing there. Second half, very confusing, seemingly non metaphorical talk about there being a different guy they hired and then later hiring him. Might be a metaphor, but man is it the wrong way to say it.

Get him back on the show and ask him, should be good entertainment either way.
He felt he established the metaphor enough to run further with it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
EastTexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,382
After listening to all 3 videos I think you misunderstand what he's saying.
He said that they created a persona to make money.
Then says he's not that guy.

I've actually said this exact same idea to people for years.
I'm not the same guy I was at 20, physically, idealogically, emotionally, etc. that I was at 25. At 30 I was a completely different person, and 5 years later at 35 I'm not that person anymore in any of those senses.

So when somebody in their 50's or 60's says something that I think is just stupid or small minded, I think, who knows what I'll believe when I'm that age. It sure as shit won't be the same view of the world I have right now.
__________________
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger