Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 04-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

I get most of my audiobokks from the library. Membership is free and the wait is hardly ever long. Although, if I am far down on the list I will torrent them. I use mininova.org.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #12 (permalink)

old thread but the sigler mention on the authors show made me search this out. some audiobooks i enjoyed and are free thru itune.

Scott Sigler, every last on of them the FDO rules (aces 10)
J.C. Hutchins 7th son trilogy (keith and chemda do a story so far) (aces 10)
Phill Rossi Harvey a Novel (good)
Jake Bible Dead Mech (ok)
Tim Dodge Heartwarming stories (good)
James Melzer the zombie chronicle (ok)

if anyone else knows others let me know, thanks.

Last edited by i'minu; 02-27-2010 at 09:57 AM. Reason: mixed up authors
Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #13 (permalink)

just finished listening to "kissyman and the gentleman", another great short story by scott sigler. it's a 8 part story and can be found on scott sigler's bloodcast.

another good story is "Heaven" by Mur Lafferty, there are 5 seasons to this podiobook, and it is a great listen.

i need more audiobooks if anyone knows any.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

audio books

look up cattorrent,org or abtorrents. both have good audio book selections, access is easy to get
Old 06-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Here are some audio books i recently listen to and recommend:

Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane - If you have seen the film its probably not worth revisiting because its mostly the same apart from a few minor details. Torrented it from The Pirate bay.

The Art of War by Sun Tzu - I enjoyed this even though its pretty much just an ancient war manual. also got it from pirate bay.

The Art of Making Money: The Story of a Master Counterfeiter
by Jason Kersten - This one i reccomend everyone to check out. its really interesting and its a true story about a Counterfeiter in chicago. its probably my favorite book at the minute. here is the synopsis.

Art Williams spent his boyhood in a comfortable middle-class existence in 1970s Chicago, but his idyll was shattered when, in short order, his father abandoned the family, his bipolar mother lost her wits, and Williams found himself living in one of Chicago's worst housing projects. He took to crime almost immediately, starting with petty theft before graduating to robbing drug dealers. Eventually a man nicknamed "DaVinci" taught him the centuries-old art of counterfeiting. After a stint in jail, Williams emerged to discover that the Treasury Department had issued the most secure hundred-dollar bill ever created: the 1996 New Note. Williams spent months trying to defeat various security features before arriving at a bill so perfect that even law enforcement had difficulty distinguishing it from the real thing. Williams went on to print millions in counterfeit bills, selling them to criminal organizations and using them to fund cross-country spending sprees. Still unsatisfied, he went off in search of his long-lost father, setting in motion a chain of betrayals that would be his undoing.

Also if you want a FREE AUDIO BOOK (i think this is us/canada only) goto www.audiblepodcast.com/filmjunk and you can get any one you want for free and you can keep it even if you cancel the account. i can do it coz im in the UK sadly but the us site has a huge selection of books