Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 12-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

Well, let's look at your state as an example. For instance, according to NebraskaSpending.gov, your state gets 38% of its state funds from the federal government. So, that's gone immediately. You also get to provide all public services yourself. Fire and police are obvious ones, but how about garbage removal and waste removal? Water? Electricity? Before you worry about a military, worry about where you're gonna put your feces and garbage. Worry about where your food is going to come from. Worry about who is going to clear the streets in inclement weather....and who is going to maintain them.

Dollars Received by the State of Nebraska
Old 12-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

forget about interstate travel. they'll close those borders quicker'n you can blink; please, try to get a visa to visit grandma. doesn't matter much because you won't have enough money to get the oil you need or the ability when the US puts sanctions in place. it'll turn citizens into threats to the state. the NDAA will make sure those loudest folks get snatched, detained, and out of the way no trial no problem.

this secession threat is symbolic. to actually move in it would be a death sentence; the american people are soft and don't stand for inconveniences to their lifestyle. recession? no sweat, still have an iphone. last century, women sacrificed their nylons, bought war bonds, and accepted rationed food supplies. try and tell a modern bitch she can't have her victoria's secret sexy smoosh stockings or the mcfatfucks there's a limit on lard purchase. maybe the afghani occupation should get itself a kickstarter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
the american people are soft and don't stand for inconveniences to their lifestyle.
Did you see the last Homeland?
Old 12-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

i haven't sipped the kool-aid, yet, no.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Well, let's look at your state as an example. For instance, according to NebraskaSpending.gov, your state gets 38% of its state funds from the federal government. So, that's gone immediately. You also get to provide all public services yourself. Fire and police are obvious ones, but how about garbage removal and waste removal? Water? Electricity? Before you worry about a military, worry about where you're gonna put your feces and garbage. Worry about where your food is going to come from. Worry about who is going to clear the streets in inclement weather....and who is going to maintain them.

Dollars Received by the State of Nebraska
It didn't matter if you looked at Nebraska, or New York for that matter. The result is the same. I am not a proponent of this movement, I don't even know if most of them are serious. I would like to think that at least some of them know that most of the businesses would vacate.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognegro13x View Post
It didn't matter if you looked at Nebraska, or New York for that matter. The result is the same. I am not a proponent of this movement, I don't even know if most of them are serious. I would like to think that at least some of them know that most of the businesses would vacate.

I don't see how any of them could be serious. The vast majority of them overlook very basic services that are provided and maintained by tax dollars and facilitated by the government. They'd be in for a very rude awakening if any of those necessities were to disappear.

The only ones who are serious (IMO) are the "sovereign" type people, and they're fucking CRAY-CRAY (but even they use government services, they just refuse to pay any taxes for them).
Old 12-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
recession? no sweat, still have an iphone.
That's the ultimate truth. People are always wiggin' out about the economy and gas prices, but none of that has effected me over the years. Granted, I'm not really paying for anything besides a car, but I also think I'm more willing than the average person to give up certain lifestyle things and luxuries.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
I don't see how any of them could be serious.
Yeah, I was actually surprised you guys took this thread seriously enough to do some critical thinking. I thought the murmurings were over. I know a bunch of people down here that are still talking about it, but it's all the usual anti-Obama, common-folk flare. Is this still something in the news? Are the bigwigs still at it?
Old 12-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
i haven't sipped the kool-aid, yet, no.
It's quite yummy!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #20 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

No need to secede to succeed.

The secret is to just quietly declare a new empire, and then make yourself the king of it. You don't even need to buy any property - I ran my empire for many years out of a series of rental units.

I bought a castle a few months ago, though, so we're stepping up the operations a bit. No thanks to Flo Bama - that's what I call the upcoming album with Flo Rida feat. Obama. It shall be dope.

So in conclusion: between the castle, the new album, and the dope, I think things are looking pretty good in my kingdom.