Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree50Likes

Old 06-05-2018, 06:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llahekaj View Post
Again was camping this weekend. Threw the tent out and bam it was ready. Setup my camping chair and I bought a pop up gazebo as well less than 10 minutes and my whole campsite was ready with very little stress.

My tent has served me very well for years, never lets me down.

I am revisiting the idea of going camping alone now that the weather is nicer. I want to be able to do it alone start to finish. I need a tent.
Is your pop up tent water proof? Would you recommend it during rain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
I like how this tent has a vestibule/ mini-hallway. Those things save the team on rainy days when you gotta get outta wet clothes / keep actual tent dry.

Hey Lanfear, how was that festival? The lineup looks awesome. Did you get to see Gorillaz? What was your favorite show?
Yes absolutely it's really good to have a dry space outside the main tent to leave muddy boots.
Although we were comparatively lucky this year - after the first nights hardcore rain it stayed dry the rest of the weekend.

We saw some great concerts - my fav was probably Muse because the shows was so impressive but Foo Fighters were a close second. I skipped Gorillaz because they played at 1:15 am on Sunday after we already watched Foo Fighters and Rise Against before that so we were beat.
I already bought tickets for next year :-)

But first we'll do a nice small (~6000 people) punk festival in a month to relax from the 70000 people madness last week.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

Last edited by Lanfear; 06-06-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #23 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
I am revisiting the idea of going camping alone now that the weather is nicer. I want to be able to do it alone start to finish. I need a tent.
Is your pop up tent water proof? Would you recommend it during rain?

One of my friends has a pop-up tent and assembly is literally 2 seconds (although I would probably put some tent stakes in for peace of mind) he stayed dry no problem.

He had one from Quechua which I think is a very popular European brand so you might get cheaper options from US brands but just to give you an idea I believe he had this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Quechua-Secon...hua+tent&psc=1

One tip though - learn to put it back into its packaging at home. You need to twist these a certain way to go back down and that can be tricky.
The Girl and memecherry like this.

Last edited by Lanfear; 06-06-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:37 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I not a fan of camping - running water, beds and electricity are pretty damn awesome.

That said - I do camp once or twice a year because I like to go to music festivals and that often means camping is necessary.
Retired my old tent after 6 years so I hope this new one will keep me cozy during Rock am Ring in 2 weeks:
Attachment 62102
Hahah! I realized after like 35 years of thinking I was a "camping person" that I actually am miserable for most of the experience and I would much rather go to a cool place I can get in water and then stay at a hotel.

I also hate music concerts, so my opinion is probably wrong.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
One of my friends has a pop-up tent and assembly is literally 2 seconds (although I would probably put some tent stakes in for peace of mind) he stayed dry no problem.

He had one from Quechua which I think is a very popular European brand so you might get cheaper options from US brands but just to give you an idea I believe he had this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Quechua-Secon...hua+tent&psc=1

One tip though - learn to put it back into its packaging at home. You need to twist these a certain way to go back down and that can be tricky.
I am drooling over this tent!
Old 06-08-2018, 12:44 PM   #26 (permalink)

Have y'all tried hammock camping?
Old 06-08-2018, 12:45 PM   #27 (permalink)

I love solo camping. So damn peaceful.
The Girl and memecherry like this.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:57 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
I am drooling over this tent!
+ 1 for Quechua also. Mine is a knock off brand Quechua and came in alot cheaper than that. But basically the same principles. Mine keeps me dry. Only problem i have in hot weather is it seems to collect more condensation on the inside than a conventional tent.

Ive even used my tent in the snow, pretty heavy snow for UK standards.

Heres a snap from 2013! and it still being used without fault today

Old 06-08-2018, 06:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llahekaj View Post
+ 1 for Quechua also. Mine is a knock off brand Quechua and came in alot cheaper than that. But basically the same principles. Mine keeps me dry. Only problem i have in hot weather is it seems to collect more condensation on the inside than a conventional tent.

Ive even used my tent in the snow, pretty heavy snow for UK standards.

Heres a snap from 2013! and it still being used without fault today

Aaaaah where do I get one?!?!

memecherry likes this.