Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappbrannigan View Post
Yes, this is a long post. Read or gtfo.

Coincidentally, my doctor retired at the end of February so I've been going to a clinic. The doctor I saw on February 28th at the clinic wasn't sure what to make of it either. She examined my eyes with that light and said there are no tears (as in torn, not the watery kind of "tear," god damn English) so that's good. She suggested seeing the optometrist again/getting the glasses or booking a physical. Just today I had my physical and the doctor I saw wasn't much help, either, but did suggest the glasses.

If I can self-diagnose, it seems at this point that I probably do need glasses because the flickering, blood shot eyes, etc might be a result of my eyes being a little overworked and need some rest/help. I have noticed that every once and a while my eyes will sort of "space out" or unfocus, but it's often at times when one would be daydreaming so it's hard to know if it's truly anymore than "normal."

I've never been able to say all of this information to the doctors I've seen because I always try to see what they have to say and answer back, etc. Plus, as Keith has noted, I do sometimes feel a little rushed out the door.

Anyway, I'm thinking at this point I'm just going to find a sale somewhere and get some inexpensive glasses. I was prescribed glasses after all. If anyone has experienced this before (or something similar) let me know.
Sorry to hear about your eyes. I know the feeling; 1goodi - I really only have one good eye.

My personal issue is a keratoconus; essentially a coning of the cornea; where eventually there was a significant scar and I ended up having cornea replacement surgery.

You already mentioned some of your issues; red eyes. I would say start with rest. Next invest in some eye drops; more than visine. I use both an allergy drop and a rewetting drop.

If you wear contact lenses; soft lenses if they are not new get new lenses. Definately get new cases and chemicals.

Finally; start googling and searching for the highest rated eye doctors in your area. This is important. You could be in a situation like mine where your run of the mill eye doctor just doesn't have the expertise, intelligence or interest in your eyes. My doctor is an eye Nerd who flies around the world perfecting surgeries in 3rd world countries in a tent. Than he comes back to #1 USA and charges me $$$$.

You can PM me and tell me your city etc... and I'll see if my Dr. can recommend someone.

Good luck.

.. I DRIVE FAST
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about your eyes. I know the feeling; 1goodi - I really only have one good eye.

My personal issue is a keratoconus; essentially a coning of the cornea; where eventually there was a significant scar and I ended up having cornea replacement surgery.

You already mentioned some of your issues; red eyes. I would say start with rest. Next invest in some eye drops; more than visine. I use both an allergy drop and a rewetting drop.

If you wear contact lenses; soft lenses if they are not new get new lenses. Definately get new cases and chemicals.

Finally; start googling and searching for the highest rated eye doctors in your area. This is important. You could be in a situation like mine where your run of the mill eye doctor just doesn't have the expertise, intelligence or interest in your eyes. My doctor is an eye Nerd who flies around the world perfecting surgeries in 3rd world countries in a tent. Than he comes back to #1 USA and charges me $$$$.

You can PM me and tell me your city etc... and I'll see if my Dr. can recommend someone.

Good luck.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote