Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
True Points: he's bitter cause he admittedly thinks that everyone has reached a point of stardom that he hasnt reached and he feels betterthan most of the. On top of that he's super self-aware about it and that makes it worse.

The rest is bullshit: first, the rogan thing was in a context iand you're ignoring it. Second, if he acted nice towards cook, you would have said he was kissing his ass.

C'mon Dylan, we dont need a new sajizzle. And no, you're not voicing your opinion you're just nagging.
It was in context but the zeal and disgust he went after him show that the idea didnt just pop into his head. He harbors that resentment in every context.

As far as being nice or being an ass, it's not a two sided coin. between the two lie at least civility and open mindedness.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
I don't think that Dane came off that badly in this podcast. I also don't think Marc went after him with the intent that some people are inferring. While he poked fun at some things Dane said, it seemed fairly good-natured. The only problem I heard with it was that Marc didn't let up when Dane acted (understandably) defensive about the story.

While I don't think Marc and Dane will be best buds, I don't have a hard time imagining they'll be friendly to each other after this.
I just listened to the two Mencia shows and the Cook show and I totally agree with this. Marc didn't go hard on the attack with either of them; I thought, like a good interviewer should, he brought up all the questions and issues he had but it seemed clear to me that Marc's motivation was curiosity about what makes these two controversial guys tick much more than being any kind of indictment of them.

I still don't like Dane Cook but I do think he came off as far less slimey than Mencia. Cook may be lying about one or two things (although his answer about Louis CK's silly name joke actually being a Steve Martin joke was a good one), but he came across as less devious than Mencia, who seems like he has more than a little of El Diablo in him.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #33 (permalink)

I'm really enjoying listening to Maron learn as he fixes himself. One of the funniest bits was when he bought those jeans and wore them in the tub.

This particular episode shows just how far he's come as an interviewer. Awesome!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bithead View Post
I'm really enjoying listening to Maron learn as he fixes himself. One of the funniest bits was when he bought those jeans and wore them in the tub.

This particular episode shows just how far he's come as an interviewer. Awesome!
That one made me laugh out loud in the workplace.
"Mooooooommm! I'm doooooone! Come dry me!"
Old 07-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #35 (permalink)

thanks for reminding about WTF. Will be catching up at work tonight.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpski View Post
"Mooooooommm! I'm doooooone! Come dry me!"
LOL
Old 07-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #37 (permalink)

I finally heard it, I might love Maron a little more than I already do, which is alot. I love his style and his non-attack-attack on Cook. It was perfect. Cook sounds even more of an asshole, and I haven't seen any movies, for that reason. I'm not gonna waste my time.

I love the nicotine w/d Maron. poor guy.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #38 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhian View Post
I finally heard it, I might love Maron a little more than I already do, which is alot. I love his style and his non-attack-attack on Cook. It was perfect. Cook sounds even more of an asshole, and I haven't seen any movies, for that reason. I'm not gonna waste my time.

I love the nicotine w/d Maron. poor guy.
The soothing tone to let Cook open up and the slow building attack towards him up to the derision and sarcasm... Amazing.

As much as Cook is a douche and as much as i love maron, i would be terrified to meet him in person. He must be an intimidating as hell.

Butt everyone who met him (Julio and McNally for example) said that he's a nice, talkative person.

Even if his roadtrip episode with pepitone showed how sadly self conscious him and another comedians are and how awful the road life is for people like them. (The moment when they gave themself a prize after a good show buying two pints of icecream and jerking off alone in their hotel rooms).

The nicotine diaries was almost moving. Probably as close as you can get to hearing marc vulnearble (except for the lucky fellas who saw his "Scorching the earth" show)
Old 07-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #39 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post

The nicotine diaries was almost moving. Probably as close as you can get to hearing marc vulnearble (except for the lucky fellas who saw his "Scorching the earth" show)
I feel like thats a character, overly exaggerated and therefor insincere