Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-02-2006, 12:52 AM   #31 (permalink)

thank you, lickmy. you went into the fire. +10.

and who cares if its scripted so long as its entertaining? if only a good show would attack katg.. then we could have a real war. this is the comedy podcast equivalent to a preemie ward trying to tackle a carpool of horny priests on pcp. but less sexy.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:43 AM   #32 (permalink)

<bow>

Thank you for the kudos, all. I'd do it again if I had to. It was a rough night with lots of tossing and turning.

I went a little psycho and had a very livid dream that I was watching the news and the announcer said that Conan O'Brien ran over and killed a lady with his car and was in jail. I woke up very concerned about Conan but not the dead woman and then I thought, "What kind of an animal am I? I care about Conan and I don't feel sad about this dead woman?!?!?!?!" Maybe in the dream, the woman (to use this word loosely) was Dawn. I don't know.

Anyway, that's when I knew I was ok. I'm back to normal. And I checked all over the internet and Conan did not run over anybody, so it was just a horrible dream. But not as bad as transcribing that show... waka waka..
Old 08-02-2006, 05:19 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickmyballssuckmy
Maybe in the dream, the woman (to use this word loosely) was Dawn.
loose indeed.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:45 PM   #34 (permalink)

While Dawn may not be the most attractive woman in the world, the real problem is that they just fucking gave up. Some of their early shows were funny and okay to listen to (not KATG funny, but okay) and now it sounds like they are just counting the seconds until they can put down the mics. You can tell that when they are talking shit about KATG that they really don't care-they are not pissed, they just don't care and will read whateve podshow tells them to read.

I know it must be hell for Chemda, but I like it when Keith goes ape shit about the sound. He fucking cares about he quality of what they put out. I ordered a shirt and CD, and he sent it out the same fucking day they were planning on going to vegas. He could have waited and I would have been cool with it, but he didn't.

D&D have a different audience, and they will do their 20 minutes for as longs as they want. KATG will continue to gain fans (look at all the newbies on the forums), continue to be on radio and TV shows and work their asses off until they have enough money to go into the VIP room at Crazy Horse Too and stay there for 24 hours. And when that day comes, I will be there.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather
While Dawn may not be the most attractive woman in the world, the real problem is that they just fucking gave up. Some of their early shows were funny and okay to listen to (not KATG funny, but okay) and now it sounds like they are just counting the seconds until they can put down the mics. You can tell that when they are talking shit about KATG that they really don't care-they are not pissed, they just don't care and will read whateve podshow tells them to read.

I know it must be hell for Chemda, but I like it when Keith goes ape shit about the sound. He fucking cares about he quality of what they put out. I ordered a shirt and CD, and he sent it out the same fucking day they were planning on going to vegas. He could have waited and I would have been cool with it, but he didn't.

D&D have a different audience, and they will do their 20 minutes for as longs as they want. KATG will continue to gain fans (look at all the newbies on the forums), continue to be on radio and TV shows and work their asses off until they have enough money to go into the VIP room at Crazy Horse Too and stay there for 24 hours. And when that day comes, I will be there.
Exactly. The only problem is, Dawn has some sort of superiority complex that makes her believe that she is the funniest, smartest, prettiest, and best singer. People eventually get fed up with ego, as seen by D&D's decreasing popularity. Their listenership first stabilized (when they stopped asking for votes at the Alley), and has begun to drop. They are doing whatever they can to fill 24 minutes because, complacently, they have gotten used to that length. Their show has ceased to improve, whereas other shows take podcasting more seriously. You would think D&D take the show seriously because it's their job, but their lack of professional effort gets old after a while.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #36 (permalink)

I listened to a couple of D&D shows when they first started and could not dig it. I tried another show the other day just to compare and one of the first things I hear her say is "Having sex with Drew is such a chore". He honestly sound so hurt it could of broke my heart if I had one.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNJ
My apologies. It was show 372. From minutes 15:45 to 17 Dawn basically decided that she would once again try to be witty. Even their ID3 tags were a shot at KATG. What a shame.
thanks for filling me in dude
Old 08-02-2006, 11:59 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNJ
Exactly. The only problem is, Dawn has some sort of superiority complex that makes her believe that she is the funniest, smartest, prettiest, and best singer. People eventually get fed up with ego, as seen by D&D's decreasing popularity. Their listenership first stabilized (when they stopped asking for votes at the Alley), and has begun to drop. They are doing whatever they can to fill 24 minutes because, complacently, they have gotten used to that length. Their show has ceased to improve, whereas other shows take podcasting more seriously. You would think D&D take the show seriously because it's their job, but their lack of professional effort gets old after a while.
I just listened to the D&D show 372 again where she sings 'you're so vain'. I would bed Spooky's left nut that they didn't write that. They weren't even trying to call out KATG-dawn sang her son and then did the spooky shrug. The one thing I find interesting is that while the insults are flowing, nobody is disputing the #1 rating at podcast alley. . .
Old 08-03-2006, 01:46 AM   #39 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
I'm finally unsubscribing.

You can only look at a train wreck for so long.