Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 02-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big lebowski
case in point: arby's market fresh stuff.
oh jesus....
now i want a roast turkey and swiss soooo bad....no arbys near here though.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
oh jesus....
now i want a roast turkey and swiss soooo bad....no arbys near here though.
hehehehe...that shit is good tho.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

ROAST BEEF SANDWICH... it makes me wet thinking bout it
Old 02-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighMike
Why would you all complain that there is "light everything"...The more products the bigger the variety the better......The alternative: Limited Subjectivity...That is much worse...
this isnt always the case, because of the "hype" of super light food, other products are being taken off the shelf to store the products that are being bought, no need for Little Jammie Pancakes if 6 verisons of 'super' healthy replacements come out, ive noticed this in the drink section of my grocery store, you have the shit owned by coke, pepsi then the adernaline drinks and the diet diet diet diet and diet drinks.]

this might also be because i live in cleveland and we are trying to get away from being the fattiest city in the usa, but ive seen it replacing and crowding up storeshelves everywhere here.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviBlight
this isnt always the case, because of the "hype" of super light food, other products are being taken off the shelf to store the products that are being bought, no need for Little Jammie Pancakes if 6 verisons of 'super' healthy replacements come out, ive noticed this in the drink section of my grocery store, you have the shit owned by coke, pepsi then the adernaline drinks and the diet diet diet diet and diet drinks.]

this might also be because i live in cleveland and we are trying to get away from being the fattiest city in the usa, but ive seen it replacing and crowding up storeshelves everywhere here.
word
Old 02-11-2006, 09:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

I cant confirm....I have never seen a location that has carried a diet drink over a normal one.

Even if that's the case....Diet drinks are improving daily, pretty soon you will not taste a difference...
Old 02-11-2006, 09:18 AM   #17 (permalink)

From what I have heard and know to be true, a lot of these diet foods substitute one "bad thing" for another - i.e. a "low-fat" or "fat-free" food usually has 2 or 3 times more sodium than its fat-full counterpart.

Also, a lot of people think that just because a food has "low-fat" on the packaging they have a license to eat the whole box!

I personally would rather eat the fat-full, regular stuff and just less of it. Even with all of the new food technologies making that crap taste better, the regular shit still wins in taste!
Old 02-11-2006, 09:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTTeN
Even with all of the new food technologies making that crap taste better, the regular shit still wins in taste!
You cant know what hasnt been created yet .
Old 02-11-2006, 12:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
You cant know what hasnt been created yet .
not true. see remote viewing thread. i think the evidence in that thread alone his proof positive that such possibilities exist. [/sarcasm]
Old 08-10-2006, 09:58 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Companies usually use unhealthy contents because its cheaper and tastes better....For example: High Fructose Corn syrup is a sweetener used to substitute some sugar and it has an "addictive" reaction ..

Why would you remove that?
Some sugar?? Just about every product now has some Corn Syrup in it, which has several health consequences.

Fructose causes your cholesterol to rise, and it's effect is mostly on the bad LDL cholesterols.

Fructose causes a rise in uric acid levels in your body. This must be flushed out by your kidneys and causes mineral loss.

Fructose interacts with oral contraceptives and elevates insulin levels in women on "the pill."

Fructose diminishes the ability of insulin to lower your blood sugar.

Fructose is not metabolized the same as other sugars. Instead of being converted to glucose which the body uses, it is removed by the liver.

Because it is metabolized by the liver, fructose does not cause the pancreas to release insulin the way it normally does. Fructose converts to fat more than any other sugar. Considering the omnipresence of HFCS in most processed foods, this may be one of the reasons Americans continue to get fatter.