Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-18-2006, 10:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

We Americans also Drive everywhere....there is no corner pub close to a restaurant,close to a club where I live...or anywhere I've ever lived......

Since drinkin and drivin carries stiff penalties, we (my wife and I ) never do it.
so when we do go out the consumption is cut in half automatically.... I almost never drive when the 2 of us go somewhere but that is another story.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
mkl

"But I was surprised to hear from my canadian friend that people don't really go out drinking in the same way over the other side of the atlantic.

He said you get the Frat guys drinking lager and then the real alcoholics drinking shots. But not so much of going out with friends having a few beers down the local."

If this had been posted by an American about a foreign country this thread would be filled with:

*eye rolling* stupid americans don't know anything about the rest of the world.

But seriously, of course people in North America go out to drink down at their local bar.

When I was in London and the surrounding area about 4-5 years ago, the drinking patterns were very similar to what it was in the USA. The only difference was people went to the bar at 6 PM and it closed at midnight, here people go to the bar at 8 PM and it closes at 2 AM.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:29 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
Well, wouldn't YOU drink a lot too if you were Canadian?

will you marry me?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:01 AM   #14 (permalink)

Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather
I think Americans can handle their own against the world when it comes to alcohol, but I do think that there are places in the world where total drunkeness is socially acceptable, if not encouraged. There also seem to be certain groups of people that have the 'drinking gene' They include, but are not limited to: the irish, mexicans, south africans, aussies, swedes, and germans. Several years ago I had a hurricane drinking contest in New Orleans with a brit and a south african. I was toast after 7 hurricanes, but they kept going.
Well, I managed to get hold of a Bud beer here at our local liquor store, I live in South Africa, and I do have to say, that it did taste very watery, I suppose i cant comment to much, but from that Bud experience, im not surprised that we and the Brit drank you under the table.

Im sure there are 100's of different beers there, im just commenting on the Bud I had.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:10 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
Well, I managed to get hold of a Bud beer here at our local liquor store, I live in South Africa, and I do have to say, that it did taste very watery, I suppose i cant comment to much, but from that Bud experience, im not surprised that we and the Brit drank you under the table.

Im sure there are 100's of different beers there, im just commenting on the Bud I had.

FFFFUUUCCCKKKKKK YYYOOOUUUU
Old 07-19-2006, 08:12 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU!

Americans do tend to drink less here. I'm not sure how it is out there (or even north of the border), but drinking tends to still be frowned upon. Our school systems teach us not to drink too much. Granted we ignore that and sometimes tend to drink too much anyway, but a LOT of peeps out here drink in moderation. Also the widespread abundance of zero tolerance laws tend to lead to more Designated Drivers, and people who are afraid to drink more than a beer (or maybe two if he's there for a few hours) for fear that they can't drive home.

There are still alcoholics out here who can pound 24 in a night, and average about 12. But those are a rarity.

Is it better? meh. I don't really care. But yes, you Europeans do get a bad rap out here for being drunk all the time. Especially the Irish and the Germans.

Moral Number 4: The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind. Except in New Jersey, where what's blowing in the wind smells funny.

http://twitter.com/benjitathesane
http://www.facebook.com/benjitathesane
Old 07-19-2006, 08:29 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Also the widespread abundance of zero tolerance laws tend to lead to more Designated Drivers, and people who are afraid to drink more than a beer (or maybe two if he's there for a few hours) for fear that they can't drive home.
Unfortunately, there are no such laws here in SA (zero tolerance), which is sad, so many deaths on the road, all thanks to alcohol. So many people will hit the pub after work, have a few drinks and then get into there cars and mission home.

Quote:
Is it better? meh. I don't really care. But yes, you Europeans do get a bad rap out here for being drunk all the time. Especially the Irish and the Germans.
I'm African not European
Old 07-19-2006, 08:33 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm African not European
Oh, that was in reference to the people before you. The FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU! was for you, but the rest of the post was about the topic in general.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:37 AM   #19 (permalink)

Hahaha, ok...