Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyPicker View Post
A little slow, yes. But this 19th century Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, we're working with as the original source. If you're going to appreciate the sleuthing he was going for, I think they got it right.

I'd like to see where it goes, but I'm not holding my breath.
well the first episode had to establish the characters for people who know nothing about Holmes and for those who do we needed to see the differences that the time period make (obviously being in the 21st century Holmes would be a computer wiz etc.) the second episode had a little more pace but there still keeping Moriarty in the background so im guessing its one of those series that build up momentum for a big finale.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #52 (permalink)

Finally got around to watching first episode of Sherlock.

Loved it. Smart, slick modernization that that holds on to, updates and jettisons all the right things. I hear some people calling it slow but the dialogue was electric and the plot, intricate. I suppose writing a brilliant, arrogant eccentric is in Gatiss and Moffat's wheelhouse. Great casting too.

I can't wait for more. Thankfully, I don't have to.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Haha, that sounds like the best possible way to watch Doctor Who.

I'm a Tom Baker guy myself but I'm old and geeky.
Not a damn thing wrong with Tom Baker. My first Doctor was a bit farther back, Pat Troughton. I imagine most Americans would only know him if they watched the original version of The Omen.

Matt Smith did a great job this year, I was jumping up and down clapping at the end. Looking forward to more.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:21 AM   #54 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Took me FOREVER to warm up to this new DR and I think it was because they hadn't changed one thing but everything. Near the end of the series they began to link the new dr with the old series by bringing in some of the old adversaries....the show needed that. I also found the new DR and the new side kick spoke sooooooooo fast they were hard to understand.

But I like Mat Smith, he's cool...love the bowtie. David Tennent was better though. I remember when they switched to Tennent I thought right away he was so superior to the first DR.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #55 (permalink)

love the nerdist podcast so i figured id check out his blog, nerdist.com (go figure). and this was the first post (now a day later, its the 3rd or 4th). and yes its doctor who related. they talk about the show frequently on there.

L’il Doctors, Cyberkids & Da-Da-Daleks
Old 08-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #56 (permalink)

just downloaded 200 gb of dr who, every ep ever, and started watching from the beginning. it is surprisingly watchable! im in such withdrawal from the new season that im also watching two seasons of a show i don't really like, warehouse 13, just cause i hear in the second season the hot red head drops a bunch of dr. who references.