Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 12-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

does anyone else have a droid x?

got mine on black friday. i have to say, by smartphone standards it's pretty badass.
that being said, it's also a nail in the coffin for me being a smartphone owner.
smartphones do so many badass things, but everything is half-assed. everything glitches. everything is slow. you can't make it through a day without a charger. anything that they heavily advertise as being an awesome feature, will cost you extra. (i.e. movies or the best games)
it's completely user-unfriendly.

for the price they charge for these "smart" phones they could have soooo much better technology. it's not like the technology doesn't exist.
but these companies are making billions by selling shit, so why would they want to sell something with value?
Old 12-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have the X. Actually im typing this message on it. I've had it since September and I would agree that its bad ass! From what I've heard from friends with the iphone of how shity there experiance has been with it im very happy with my droid so far!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't have a Droid; but I just got the Blackberry Torch and I'm in love with it.
It goes all day with heavy use without needing a charge, and none of the apps feel half-assed to me.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

fuck this shit. i think i'm going to return my droid x today and get a fucking flip phone with no keyboard or anything.
since getting this phone, i jumped on the "don't text while driving" bandwagon because it's so hard to type on a smartphone with one hand while watching the road. with an old school flip phone i could send 10 texts a minute without more than an occasional glance at my phone.
every fucking new technology that has come out in the last 5 years is a step backward for humanity.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

your going to return your phone cause you cant type and drive. Okay
Old 12-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by word View Post
your going to return your phone cause you cant type and drive. Okay
try reading the whole thread, or at least the first post next time.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchLives View Post
try reading the whole thread, or at least the first post next time.
I read the whole thing. You're a fucking moron. You seem to be the only one having software and battery issues, but the tipping point for you is that you can't text while you drive. Boofuckinghoo. I only hope you kill only yourself and not someone else while you're texting & driving.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

wow. why have a discussion if everyone only reads one sentence out of everything i said?

your upset because you're sucked into same idiot pool as all the masses. and i'm ok with that.

also james, the thread title is "does anyone else have a droid x?" and your very first sentence is "I don't have a droid."
stfu

Last edited by FletchLives; 12-10-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

I've got the Samsung Epic 4G from Sprint. It is totally and awesomely FTW. One of the features I've discovered recently is the voice-to-text option. I'd be surprised if the Droid didn't also have this.

There's a little microphone icon on the keyboard. Click this then speak your text message slowly and clearly. It transposes your voice into the text message.

Love the Android operating system and my Sammy Epic especially. I almost never use my iPod touch anymore.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchLives View Post
also james, the thread title is "does anyone else have a droid x?" and your very first sentence is "I don't have a droid."
stfu
Mmmmmm nah, I'm gonna keep talking. You're pissed because everyone read the whole thread and still doesn't agree with you. Get over it.