Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #21 (permalink)

Thus is the reason younger voters, and especially first-time voters, need to have a place where they can get information on what is going on without having to refer to the political talking heads who they cannot relate to. As disgusting as Todd Akin's comments were, I really appreciate the fact that they are getting so much attention because it is a topic that all adults capable of thinking can take a side on. This includes younger people, who are in the process of figuring out what their political views will be. It will take idiots like Akin to help them see that his opinions are echoed throughout the Republican party, and maybe they don't want to associate with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
We have the founding fathers, Disney Land, 50 Cent, oh and the frigging Sebastian Bach.
Disneyland is one word. /slurp
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
While this is true, I think what we really need to watch out for is the European Flu. If they can't fix the problems with the Euro, we're all fucked. I don't think England regrets their decision to sit this one out!
Quoted for Truth.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:32 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
We have the founding fathers, Disney Land, 50 Cent, oh and the frigging Sebastian Bach.
I'm not sure how any of that works for your argument? You didn't even pick the good Disney park.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #24 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyuilani View Post
. It will take idiots like Akin to help them see that his opinions are echoed throughout the Republican party, and maybe they don't want to associate with them.
This is the biggest problem with the view of the republican party versus the actual facts. the biggest talkers and loudest are always the crazy and the dumb, the political partys are no different. Most of the republicans I know, being in the military I met a lot, don't care about this shit. They could care less about gay marriage or abortion but feel that USA needs a strong fiscal policy and defense department so go republican. This is why everyone was so excited about the tea party, they were supposed to take the social crap out of the equation and just deal with bringing the US back to a fiscally responsible agenda. With the mainly southern, mainly baptist co-op of the republican party we have come to the govt taking over our social issues and many senators and representatives trying to line govt policy with the church's view of the world.
The SSgt has it exactly right.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #25 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
I'm not sure how any of that works for your argument? You didn't even pick the good Disney park.
Always good for a discussion Picard, you make your points so well.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

This will be the first year I can vote, but I doubt I will. Obama definitely seems like the better candidate, but I am basing that mainly on the positions the candidates have for social issues, since that is all I ever hear about. I would like to be informed, but politics is too depressing. I'm just waiting for a candidate like George Clooney in 'The Ides of March' or Robin Williams in 'Man of the Year'. But I doubt it will be anytime soon, even though I don't know anyone who actually likes the current political system. Just go to any story on Yahoo!, whether political or not, people make their comments to ignorantly relate it to a problem with congress, even stories unrelated to the United States.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #27 (permalink)

hey guys, just wanted to announce that I'm THE next CEO and owner of Facebook. Pfsh.... "THE next president of the US, Mitt Romney" The dude HASN'T EVEN WON YET! This is an argument of semantics. Don't label something it's not. Mitt Romney, if I'm not mistaken, is a Presidential Candidate. He IS NOT THE next president. Republicans hope he wins and that's fine. I just think it's rather cocky to just go out and basically say, "Oh, btw, Mitt Romney already won, so when Obama is done (whenever that is) Mitt is the man!

/end grammar rant
Old 08-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_chris View Post
hey guys, just wanted to announce that I'm THE next CEO and owner of Facebook. Pfsh.... "THE next president of the US, Mitt Romney" The dude HASN'T EVEN WON YET! This is an argument of semantics. Don't label something it's not. Mitt Romney, if I'm not mistaken, is a Presidential Candidate. He IS NOT THE next president. Republicans hope he wins and that's fine. I just think it's rather cocky to just go out and basically say, "Oh, btw, Mitt Romney already won, so when Obama is done (whenever that is) Mitt is the man!

/end grammar rant
Every nominee for president is announced that way. Paul Ryan was announced as the next vice president. It's only meant to rile up the party, get them excited, and hopefully get future voters excited too. If the election is between two fresh candidates, as the 2008 race was, then they'd both be announced as the next president. It's a battle cry, that's all.

And besides, at least there will be one moment in his life where he was nationally announced as the next president.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Eh, they're speaking to the base. It's just a big, rah, rah, pat on the back, mutual admiration society convention. They can have their fun. They'll get their 2 second bump and then it will go back to normal.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #30 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
It's a high cover charge circle jerk.
Certainly a more colorful metaphor.