Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

I hate Eminem and Black Sabbath
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundAbout View Post
I hate Eminem and Black Sabbath
May you and your loved ones be raped by a thousand chimpanzees. With AIDS.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
May you and your loved ones be raped by a thousand chimpanzees. With AIDS.
Ok you got me. I like them both.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundAbout View Post
Ok you got me. I like them both.
kthanx. May neithre you nor your loved ones be raped by chimpanzees. And in the event that you do, may they not have AIDS.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -John- View Post
This has to be my favorite of all his albums, i think it has a nice flow from start to finish (and it has not stupid skit tracks on it). the 2 songs i like the best are Almost Famous and Cinderella Man
Yeah, I'm glad that there aren't skits but more so, I'm glad there aren't any completely silly/retarded songs. Stuff like "We Made You", "Just Lose It", "Ass Like That", "Without Me" whether they're good, bad, shitty, retarded, aren't the type of songs I like Eminem for and nothing like those songs are on Recovery, which I think is a definite plus.

My least favorite track on the album is definitely "Won't Back Down," but even that song, he raps sickly on, it's just the sound/music on it that I dislike, I feel like it overpowers/kinda masks his rapping. But it's not a bad song.

Every song is either pretty good, damn good, or amazing.

The more I listen to the album the more I like it. I think my favorite tracks are "Talkin' 2 Myself", "Almost Famous, and "25 To Life".

All I can say is that Eminem is definitely back. I hope he doesn't flake out again in the future.

Edit: damn, when I think about it I also thing "Going Through Changes" is a favorite too. This is the song where "Changes" by Sabbath is sampled, and I'm a huge Sabbath fan as well, and unlike others in this thread....I was excited to hear Ozzy's voice and thought it was a great sampling of a great song by a great band in a great song by a great rapper. I always felt Eminem sampled songs well, perhaps thanks to Dr. Dre being a pro, either way, "Stan", "Sing for the Moment"...good songs.

Last edited by DudeEMETIB; 06-09-2010 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Man, this album is awesome. "Angry" Eminem is really hit or miss, but it's a lot more hit on this album than miss. "25 To Life" is a top 5 Eminem song ever and I don't have the track listing in front of me but the "Won't Hurt Me No More" song with Lil Wayne is just about the only thing Lil Wayne's done in the past two years that I like.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:14 AM   #27 (permalink)

This is my favorite album of his, and that's saying a lot because Marshal Mathers LP is one of my favorite albums of all time.

I love every song, Almost Famous being my favorite.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #28 (permalink)

Eminem had a shitload of people do the music for this album, there's only one or two songs produced by Dre, I kinda like that and that he had so many guests that ARE NOT on Shady/Aftermath. Especially no 50 cent. LAHEIM

Although Lil Wayne, who I think is one of the best 3 for the time, kinda sucks on the track he's on, but I think that's the track that mob deep did music for.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post

All I can say is that Eminem is definitely back. I hope he doesn't flake out again in the future.
he didnt really flake out, he was in rehab for sleeping pills. but i hope he doesn't leave for an extended period of time again.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:09 AM   #30 (permalink)

By flake out, I didn't really mean him being out of the music scene, so much as him being out of his normal production of great albums. Encore blew and Relapse stunk, before that every release was awesome. Recovery brings him back to his normal, great album-making self.

But I agree, I do also hope he doesn't leave for a long time again.