Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-25-2006, 09:39 AM   #21 (permalink)

I'm guessing that the issue of alternative energy is your one big issue that you care about. For some people, it's abortion or we hate (or love) the military, etc. But for you, you just want people to drive around in little cars that run off of a never ending resource, like finish.

If the price went to $120 a gallon, and your good thing happened (people started asking questions, building more alternate energy sources, etc. which I think is happening already but whatever) but also, a bunch of people who are on the edge of financial ruin as it is were pushed over the edge, economies fell because trucking goods becme too expensive, small businesses went out of business, people died because their insulin didn't get to them in time, and a whole bunch of bad things happened like that (these are just examples), would you just be happy that everybody is jerking into their gas tanks to get to work and that women finally have a real reason to keep men around?

Are you a one issue person? Weening the world would solve all the worlds problems and it ahs to get worse before it gets better? Is that what you're saying? I'm trying to understand what your point is and why you think the U.S. is trying to control oil in the middle east, as if that were even remotely possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klang
"They spend so much money on their wedding that they couldn't go on their honnymoon" .. "Good, jerkoffs.."

What can I say? People are getting used to the prices here ($6.70/gl) ..sadly.

Why control oil, why go to war .. there are so many things in life that are strange. Control of Oil gives power. War makes money. Fear sells protection. Protection costs money. Money gives power. There is no easy way to fix the world, except if you have had too much alcohol and the night is getting tired.. :-)

The world COULD be a better place, but I think that big changes only come when they are strictly necessary. $15 per gallon of gas .. maybe alternatives start looking interesting.

attachment taken here
Old 07-25-2006, 01:32 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickmyballssuckmy
I'm guessing that the issue of alternative energy is your one big issue that you care about.
[snip]

Are you a one issue person? Weening the world would solve all the worlds problems and it ahs to get worse before it gets better? Is that what you're saying? I'm trying to understand what your point is and why you think the U.S. is trying to control oil in the middle east, as if that were even remotely possible.
Shit .. I think you are right. I do have an issue about alternative energy... I have to start choosing my battles and not really care about stuff I can't do anything about anyway, strive to become a no issue person so to speak. (You have no idea how honest I am at the moment. I will be flamed for this)

As for the U.S. trying to control oil in the middle east. Well, it's not oil as much as echonomic interests. As for actual control .. no I don't think it's possible to control much.

I don't say it HAS to get worse before it gets better. I say it WILL get worse before it gets better. Being in deep shit makes people think. It's human nature.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:43 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
It annoys me when somebody has a good point but then can't not be stupid and they have to take it too far by asking a question designed specifically to rile up somebody who's not really paying attention and just wants to be mad about something.
Sorry, I didn't mean to step on anybodys toes (I am the one not really paying attention, I think).

The taxes do circulate and push the economy. The world economy, in the case of The U.S.

My previous issue about alternative energy is: I think changes will come from the big players, when forced from within. Now GET TO WORK on those great invensions America!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:25 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
But for you, you just want people to drive around in little cars that run off of a never ending resource, like finish.
Hahaha

Last edited by arcatacat; 01-02-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:38 PM   #25 (permalink)

After visiting the place earlier this month I would never wish to be anti-American...

BUT... the reason you guys are bitching about a $3 gallon is because you drive unnecessarily large cars which give you 15 miles to a gallon. About 90% of the cars I saw in Chicago were SUVs or luxury brands (however, it was a nice neighbourhood).

We started paying the equivalent of $3 a gallon about 15 years ago, and as a result we drive smaller cars which give 50+ miles to a gallon. (Although we do drive smaller distances)

Maybe one day you guys will start to realise that fuel efficiency is a good idea - you can't keep raping the planet for cheap gas.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:56 PM   #26 (permalink)

Yeah, perhaps I was talking out of my arse saying our cars are small because of high fuel prices.

But my point still is, we have less to complain about, because we get 3 times more mileage out of a gallon - surely fuel efficiency will become more attractive the more the price rises in the USA?

Oh yeah, and the highway code procedure for your attachment is:
1. Rev engine loudly, causing cyclists to look back
2. Overtake at speed, slightly too close to the outside cyclist
3. Shout colourful abuse at the cyclists: "you should be in single file you fucking cunts"

No offence...

Last edited by jwdd27; 07-25-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

Going back to the beginning and speaking of bombs: Has the US used an atomic bomb since 1945? Why do we need to build them? Wouldn't a program of regularly scheduled maintainence on the existing bombs be a more efficient program? Maybe then, with all the money we'd save, every taxpayer in America could receive, say, $300 in tax refunds? 10 points to all those who remember that this was going to be a big news story right before the World Trade Center blew up.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:10 PM   #28 (permalink)

I actually agree with a lot of what you said, but some of it sounded like you were just repeating things you heard. To me, that's no better than a religious (or non-religious) who votes straight down the ballot on the right to life/choice issue. There is always more than each of our pet peeves.

Anyway, whether you believe that the earth will run out of oil or that the earth creates it's own oil (both are true), alternative energy is a good idea. But ultimately I lean towards making the product and letting a free society decide whether to drive a 57 chevy or an 06 ecoburner.. The price of gas keeps going up and some people will switch. But I don't think that hoping for the worst so that everybody makes the same choice as you is the way to go. Let freedom rock.

U.S. no doubt has determined that there are national interests in the middle east, some having to do with energy. So does every other country that is sticking their hand in there grabbing a cookie. I think, though, that Saudi and Iran have the most number of people by the balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klang
Shit .. I think you are right. I do have an issue about alternative energy... I have to start choosing my battles and not really care about stuff I can't do anything about anyway, strive to become a no issue person so to speak. (You have no idea how honest I am at the moment. I will be flamed for this)

As for the U.S. trying to control oil in the middle east. Well, it's not oil as much as echonomic interests. As for actual control .. no I don't think it's possible to control much.

I don't say it HAS to get worse before it gets better. I say it WILL get worse before it gets better. Being in deep shit makes people think. It's human nature.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:12 PM   #29 (permalink)

Shoot. I thought I invented something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcatacat
Hahaha
Old 07-25-2006, 06:23 PM   #30 (permalink)

1. I think the reason people are bitching is because it's on the news all the time. If they would look at their tax bill and what the money is being spent on realistically they wouldn't care about the price of gas.

2. The number of cars on the road that only get 15 MPH is extremely low. Nice try though. Even our gas guzzlers get far better mileage than that because they HAVE to to go on the market. Do some research on that. There are a lot of ecological things going on here. My state sells gas that is at least 10% ethanol. So now, I have to pay $5.70 to go the same number of miles as $4 of gas because now my tank of gascrap yields only 70% of the energy. The end result? I have to buy more gas, thereby using up more gas than I would without ethanol. A LOT of people are for this kind of stuff but I think they just didn't do the relevant math. They were too busy counting the lobby money lining their pockets. Just my opinion.

3. Raping the earth for cheap gas? Cheap gas?!??! Where??? I'd like to hear an explanation of this one. And, yes, you were probably watching the mob drive around Chicago in their nice cars. I've never had a nice car yet. Working on it. And, when it comes to freedom, I'm all for it. I have a problem with people who sit around telling other people what they should drive. You buy what you want. I'll buy what I want. And the earth will not be destroyed either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdd27
After visiting the place earlier this month I would never wish to be anti-American...

BUT... the reason you guys are bitching about a $3 gallon is because you drive unnecessarily large cars which give you 15 miles to a gallon. About 90% of the cars I saw in Chicago were SUVs or luxury brands (however, it was a nice neighbourhood).

We started paying the equivalent of $3 a gallon about 15 years ago, and as a result we drive smaller cars which give 50+ miles to a gallon. (Although we do drive smaller distances)

Maybe one day you guys will start to realise that fuel efficiency is a good idea - you can't keep raping the planet for cheap gas.