Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-27-2006, 07:42 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Rook
Wow Spooky! Don't hold back,now...

I'm not trying to piss you off and I'm not trying to pick a fight
with you...I think you made a lot of good points...I just don't agree
with everything. That's okay, no need to rake me over the coals about it.

I really don't know how to respond...

First of all, I'm not anti-American. I may live in Canada, but I'm an American and proud of it. You should hear some of the bullshit some of the Canadians think about us. Most of them are nice, but you have the occasional hater. Second, I don't belong to any political party...I think all politicians are shady fuckers and the ones I've met in person I would trust with the keys to my house much less the governance of my country. Third, I don't lie. Ever. I may not answer you but I won't lie to you. You ALWAYS get caught when you lie. Fourth, I'm not a propagandist. I may be indoctrinated...we all are to some degree just by being alive and interacting with world. If it makes you feel any better, I can see your point about insurance and Florida. They take a pounding every year, and without coverage they would be in a lot of trouble.

So, if you want to rip me apart, go ahead. I'm still going to have my own beliefs. I'm not going to apologize for them.
i was picking a fight. you respond by confirming that im an asshole, pick apart my points and logic, and throw in a personal jab or two, just because its the KATG forums. you arent supposed to diffuse the anger and hate, theres no fun there. nobody wants to read 'lets agree to disagree'

/sigh
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:46 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather
This is exactly what I am saying. It is a field day for industry, only the field is China. I am not a fan of any welfare, but look at Cali, it is so fucking difficult and expensive to do business. That is why intel is looking to move, and why in my hometown after sixty years of building commercial airplanes the hangers are empty. Boeing commercial left Long Beach, never to return. What about the bums in San Francisco THAT GET PAID TO BE HOMELESS! The unions will say that companies are moving overseas for cheaper labor. The salary isn't the problem. its the benefits that are. In the cost of a GM car is approximately $2000 dollars for health and retirement benefits. One reason why call centers have moved overseas is that many cities and states charge taxes on utilities, so if you have a big call center, moving overseas will have potentially millions just in taxes. In Cali, if you buy a TV or monitor, pay a $8-40 (i think that's the range) tax. If you want to expand your building, you MUST pay a state licensened Archealogist to search for an ancient fucking indian burial ground, even if you own the property. And they can shut down a job site if they find a petrified shit or Geronimo's tooth. The reason why there is corporate welfare is that without it, it would be almost impossible to do business in states like Cali.
cant we call it corporate relief, instead of corporate welfare, relief is a more accurate description, welfare is designed to incite feelings on the issue, and i dont like useing terms designed to sculpt how i am supposed to respond or feel about them.

other than that, well said, godfather
Old 07-27-2006, 03:31 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
i was picking a fight. you respond by confirming that im an asshole, pick apart my points and logic, and throw in a personal jab or two, just because its the KATG forums. you arent supposed to diffuse the anger and hate, theres no fun there. nobody wants to read 'lets agree to disagree'

/sigh

Damn it! I knew I was doing something wrong!

I'm just too big of a 'Spooky' fan on the show to fight with the actual Spooky...I dunno, maybe I'm losing the killer instinct when it comes to political discussions anymore. Seems like you have to pick one extreme postion or another, which sucks if you have both liberal and conservative friends that you actually want to keep. It's fucking exhausting...
Old 07-27-2006, 03:50 PM   #54 (permalink)

The expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky

/sigh
Well this is just great! Not only do I get the curious antics of Keith and the Girl, but I can also join the forums for an insightful and exhaustive discussion of international politics, world finance, and the US economy. And I agree with what Spooky said about himself, but shucks, in this crowd, he is the smartenest!
Old 07-27-2006, 04:20 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotman
Well this is just great! Not only do I get the curious antics of Keith and the Girl, but I can also join the forums for an insightful and exhaustive discussion of international politics, world finance, and the US economy. And I agree with what Spooky said about himself, but shucks, in this crowd, he is the smartenest!
As I have said before, These forums are a great form of free education.

"KATG, always pulling through."
Old 07-28-2006, 04:35 AM   #56 (permalink)

That's fair. I suppose you could say that I forwarded it when I posted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Rook
I just wanted to respond to this post! I think...

...oops...

Old 07-28-2006, 04:50 AM   #57 (permalink)

Using California in almost any discussion is pointless. The state is run by retarded people. Remember the shopping cart thing in SF?

Homeless people would steal shopping carts and put all their stuff in them. When the stores put electronic alarms on them that lock the wheels when they left the parking lot, the city stepped in and said that the shopping cart constituted that persons home, and therefore the store couldn't infringe on their civil rights by taking their home away.

Next thing you know, people are stealing carts and riding them down the hills of SF and hurting themselves and suing the stores. And winning. So, the stores had to allow the carts to be stolen and then had to pay damages if anybody got hurt with the shopping cart they stole.

That's California in a NUTshell. Retarded. And not a good example of anything right or wrong in the world. They're like Rainman. I left the state immediately after high school and haven't looked back. Hope my parents move out soon. Sorry Mali and Shazam and the rest of you. Get out before it breaks off into the ocean is all I can say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather
This is exactly what I am saying. It is a field day for industry, only the field is China. I am not a fan of any welfare, but look at Cali, it is so fucking difficult and expensive to do business. That is why intel is looking to move, and why in my hometown after sixty years of building commercial airplanes the hangers are empty. Boeing commercial left Long Beach, never to return. What about the bums in San Francisco THAT GET PAID TO BE HOMELESS! The unions will say that companies are moving overseas for cheaper labor. The salary isn't the problem. its the benefits that are. In the cost of a GM car is approximately $2000 dollars for health and retirement benefits. One reason why call centers have moved overseas is that many cities and states charge taxes on utilities, so if you have a big call center, moving overseas will have potentially millions just in taxes. In Cali, if you buy a TV or monitor, pay a $8-40 (i think that's the range) tax. If you want to expand your building, you MUST pay a state licensened Archealogist to search for an ancient fucking indian burial ground, even if you own the property. And they can shut down a job site if they find a petrified shit or Geronimo's tooth. The reason why there is corporate welfare is that without it, it would be almost impossible to do business in states like Cali.