Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Thanks for your input. I just was curious about it. My grandmother was a minister, so I was always taught that it was a sin. I just wondered how everyone else saw it. I am in Michigan, and it was a big deal for Dr. Death ( as they call him here) to be released here where he lived and served his time. Since I work in the medical field, I know people who worked with him while he was a Pathologist at a local hospital years ago.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineblonde View Post
eek! Thats a lot of dead kids!

Ok...here's another thing i thought about. WARNING......DEEP THOUGHT APPROACHING!

Ok, If it is a sin to murder someone according to the bible. Is it a sin to "murder" yourself? Do they go to heaven? ???????????
I knew a couple of catholic suiciders. They were not even allowed to be buried in the consecrated family plot. They were burned and scattered.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskyTango View Post
I knew a couple of catholic suiciders. They were not even allowed to be buried in the consecrated family plot. They were burned and scattered.
OUCH! Thats harsh!
Old 06-17-2007, 11:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskyTango View Post
That's old school, though. Official Party Line now is that someone with mental disease or defect has diminished capacity to exercise free will and is not culpable, therefore no sin. Of course there are asshole priests who think they know better and won't follow that directive and fuck over the family.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lura View Post
That's old school, though. Official Party Line now is that someone with mental disease or defect has diminished capacity to exercise free will and is not culpable, therefore no sin. Of course there are asshole priests who think they know better and won't follow that directive and fuck over the family.
Welcome to the forums, and Fuuuuuck Youuuuu!

Old 06-17-2007, 11:58 PM   #16 (permalink)

Thank you, sir, may I have another.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lura View Post
Thank you, sir, may I have another.
Fuuuuuuck Youuuuuuuu!

I never turn down a lady. (and I'm assuming you're a lady.)

Old 06-18-2007, 08:11 AM   #18 (permalink)

Yay! A new San Diego forum member. We could use more of those. Welcome.

Now to the topic, I agree with Lura here. From what I've been told (this coming from mormon leaders as well as the baptist minister from when I grew up) Only God knows how much free will you were capable of administering and only God can determine if what you did was a sin or not. Well, you could say the same about anything people consider a sin. Only God knows your true nature and knows how much real free will you were acting under. So in this, if you're mentally incapacitated or forced to do something by gunpoint, let's say, then you may not necessarily be held accountable for your actions at those times when your free will is taken from you.

Then again, it's like all things in this sense, no one really knows for sure until they die and no one can convince me that they've died and come back to tell the tale no matter how long their bodies were supposedly without heartbeat. We'll all find out eventually.

"NCF you are the sweetest. When I see you we'll share peanut butter right off the same knife." - Rhian
Old 06-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbling Bryan View Post
I recently heard that drowning actually isn't such a bad way to die. It should be very calm and peacefull. The water filling your lungs isn't that bad.... i've heard.
Trust me, it sucks.