Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Fans of Lost, the matrix and other WTF type shows/movies

There was a mini series back in 06 I just found a few days ago called "The Lost Room".

It stars Peter Krause from Six feet Under; also Kevin Pollack, and Dakota Fanning's little sister is in it as well as a bunch of other people.

This show/ mini-series is fucking awesome, keep in mind that it aired on the sci fi channel in 2006 so the CGI in some parts are a little bit too recognizable, but it's a really fucking great story.

Here's the imdb "The Lost Room" (2006)

Torrent = The Lost Room - Complete Serie Torrent - btjunkie

If you're a fan of good entertainment, just try the first ep of the mini series and see if you're not hooked.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Heard the TRS guys recommending this. Not seen yet but I'd recommend The Prisoner for the above people too.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Actually I started watching the Prisoner last month after hearing about how good it was, but the old lady wasn't that into it, so I'll finish that when she's working.

I didn't mind that it (the prisoner) was from the 60's, and it looked like it had potential..... but "the lost room" def had us both hooked about 30 in into the first ep, I only wish there was more of it.

Jericho was also a pretty good show worth checking out too, sucks it was canceled, but so far "the lost room" has been so bad ass, I've had so many wtf moments as I used to back in the first couple seasons of Lost.

I can't believe I never heard or saw this years ago.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

I watched it when it first aired, and five or six times since. The Lost Room is so awesome I can hardly stand it. I have been waiting for years for someone to produce a weekly show taking off where the mini series left. So much room left to explore. Not only all the other Objects we haven't seen, but also the potential Object combinations. I think I may have to watch this again tonight.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstraction View Post
I watched it when it first aired, and five or six times since. The Lost Room is so awesome I can hardly stand it. I have been waiting for years for someone to produce a weekly show taking off where the mini series left. So much room left to explore. Not only all the other Objects we haven't seen, but also the potential Object combinations. I think I may have to watch this again tonight.
No shit, it totally would be an amazing show on it's own if it had the proper funding. Everyone who's seen it that I've talked to wishes the story could continue in it's own full season show.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

i started watching the prisoner (new[ish] one with jim cavazel) didnt care for it too much. wasnt bad but got bored after the first two episodes.

there's a new show i like on now called strangers unknows (stumbled onto it, airs after last comic standing). about a group of people stuck in a deserted town. worth watching the pilot atleast to see if its your kind of thing
Old 06-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1thepwnly View Post
i started watching the prisoner (new[ish] one with jim cavazel) didnt care for it too much. wasnt bad but got bored after the first two episodes.

there's a new show i like on now called strangers unknows (stumbled onto it, airs after last comic standing). about a group of people stuck in a deserted town. worth watching the pilot atleast to see if its your kind of thing
Ignore the new one, the original is one of the greatest TV shows ever made.

Last edited by standardman; 06-26-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

I checked Netflix, hoping that either show would be on instant watch, and neither are, but both are available on DVD.

The Prisoner consists of 5 DVDs and The Lost Room is only 2, I'll check out The Lost Room, since I get 3 DVDs at a time, I'll be able to knock through the miniseries in no time.

But Standardman, the new Prisoner has GANDALF in it....how can that not also be win?
Old 06-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
I checked Netflix, hoping that either show would be on instant watch, and neither are, but both are available on DVD.

The Prisoner consists of 5 DVDs and The Lost Room is only 2, I'll check out The Lost Room, since I get 3 DVDs at a time, I'll be able to knock through the miniseries in no time.

But Standardman, the new Prisoner has GANDALF in it....how can that not also be win?
You can only polish a turd so much.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hey guys, look what I found.

The Prisoner

On AMC's website you can watch the whole 17 episodes FO FREE. (: