Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

Wow, that's awesome!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
On AMC's website you can watch the whole 17 episodes FO FREE. (:
Wow and I just want to point out, for once it works outside the U.S. Now if only Hulu would catch up...
Old 06-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
Hey guys, look what I found.

The Prisoner

On AMC's website you can watch the whole 17 episodes FO FREE. (:

That's tits! I'll have to check the newer one out sometime soon.

Let me know what you think about the lost room when you get a chance to watch that.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1thepwnly View Post
i started watching the prisoner (new[ish] one with jim cavazel) didnt care for it too much. wasnt bad but got bored after the first two episodes.

there's a new show i like on now called strangers unknows (stumbled onto it, airs after last comic standing). about a group of people stuck in a deserted town. worth watching the pilot atleast to see if its your kind of thing
I've been watching strangers unknown with the lady, she thinks it's too much like Saw. (then again she hasn't watched any horror movies since the hills have eyes). I kinda like it though.

There's a bbc series called Survivors that is fan fucking tastic, (99% of the world gets wiped out, and chaos follows) there was 2 seasons with about 6 episodes each season. Hopefully they'll make another season of that.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1thepwnly View Post
there's a new show i like on now called strangers unknows (stumbled onto it, airs after last comic standing). about a group of people stuck in a deserted town.
Do you mean Persons Unknown (NBC)? Good idea, but the dialog is weak. The fact that there are cameras everywhere watching people (including in their own houses) makes me think the concept will become too unrealistic to explain everything. Lost fans should love it.

A good movie that fits this formula and does it well is Cube. Forget the sequels.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:46 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diglass View Post
There was a mini series back in 06 I just found a few days ago called "The Lost Room".

If you're a fan of good entertainment, just try the first ep of the mini series and see if you're not hooked.
You should warn people in advance that, while the show was really good and had a very bizarre and interesting concept it centered around, they pull the rug from your feet and cobble together an ending that only barely made sense. It's not their fault, they got cancelled halfway through a season, and kudos to them for making an ending at all, but be aware that the last episode will leave a sour taste in your mouth.

If you like this sort of stuff, American Gothic is probably something you would enjoy. Sam Raimi produced it in 1995, and it got cancelled after it's first season. But it was pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diglass View Post
There's a bbc series called Survivors that is fan fucking tastic
yep, it was good, too.

I imagine it will get a season three, it's actually been aired in Australia recently, making me think the BBC likes it enough to test in other markets.

Also, the BBC version of "Life on Mars" was pretty good, but very damned british. I didn't care for the american remake with Gretchen Mol and Harvey Keitel, which really surprised me.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.

Last edited by spooky; 06-28-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:40 AM   #17 (permalink)

If you liked Life on Mars, i'm told Ashes to Ashes is good, never seen it myself.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #18 (permalink)

Just watched the first episode of The Prisoner, good stuff, immediately started the 2nd afterward.

I should have The Lost Room at home by tomorrow.

I wish I had a cool show to recommend, but I don't.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
You should warn people in advance that, while the show was really good and had a very bizarre and interesting concept it centered around, they pull the rug from your feet and cobble together an ending that only barely made sense. It's not their fault, they got cancelled halfway through a season, and kudos to them for making an ending at all, but be aware that the last episode will leave a sour taste in your mouth.
Actually, you're wrong here. The show was always promoted as a miniseries, there was no cancellation. Sci Fi merely declined to turn the miniseries into a full-fledged show. So the end is not cobbled together at all. It was in place before shooting began.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstraction View Post
Actually, you're wrong here. The show was always promoted as a miniseries, there was no cancellation. Sci Fi merely declined to turn the miniseries into a full-fledged show. So the end is not cobbled together at all. It was in place before shooting began.

Well, I disliked the ending, then. I thought they maybe talked about it in the commentary on the DVDs, but it's been a few years since I saw it.