Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 12-04-2010, 05:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Favorite Apps

I just got a new iTouch after my normal iPod broke and am now being introduced to apps.

What are your favorite (hopefully free) apps (besides the KaTG app, first one I got)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

use yappler, you can see everyones's iphone's app there and read reviews. great site (Michael handles it)
Old 12-05-2010, 01:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Well, for like tool apps I have Flashlight, Convert Units, Flixster, The Weather Channel.

For multimedia I have Joost (videos/tv shows), Pandora, iheartradio (radio stations owned by Clear Channel), Shazam (identifies songs), Netflix (you can watch things on instant watch and organize your queue), Public Radio Player (NPR programs) and Vevo (pop music good),

And then the usuals of Facebook, Yelp, Urbanspoon (that awesome slots-type restaurant finder), Remote (lets you use your iPod touch as an iTunes remote), Flickr, and Twitterific.

If you're gonna use it for games too I recommend Tap Tap Revenge, Snail Mail ($1.99), Flick Fishing ($1.99), Chop Chop Ninja ($0.99), Angry Birds ($0.99), Battle of Puppets ($0.99), and Chop Sushi ($0.99)

A lot of the games have lite versions that you can downloaded for free to see if you like them. Also, the Top 25 Free section in the app store is worth watching. A lot of times a game is released free to get downloads and ratings, and then they start charging for it. Theres also a website/app called Free App A Day, and occasionally they have really good games. And if I didn't put a price after the app name, its free. Welcome to the iPod touch club!

Whew.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

Ones I use most that are free:
ESPN Streak to the Finish
SportsTap
Tweetdeck
Yelp
Variety
Fandango
Huffington Post
DailyDeals
Whole Foods (grocery list manager)
my24 (24hr Fitness app)

I tried Yappler, felt like kind of a hassle to manage.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBean View Post
A lot of the games have lite versions that you can downloaded for free to see if you like them. Also, the Top 25 Free section in the app store is worth watching. A lot of times a game is released free to get downloads and ratings, and then they start charging for it. Theres also a website/app called Free App A Day, and occasionally they have really good games. And if I didn't put a price after the app name, its free. Welcome to the iPod touch club!

Whew.
i have been in downloading a bunch of lite games and i do have the free app a day but my school blocks wi-fi to one internet connection per student (and everyone uses it for our laptops) but i have also been frequenting the free section.
thanks for all the info
Old 12-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

For free games I like Cat Physics and Unblock Me.