Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 01-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacey.ATX View Post
I kept thinking of David Bowie's song, Major Tom, where the astronaut loses communication with Earth and floats out in space by himself, and wants to send a message to his wife-- sound familiar? And I was also thinking of The Man Who Fell To Earth, the film where Bowie played an alien. I love this film and, in high school, I even had the poster (which is so beautiful) on my wall. (I was kind of obsessed with David Bowie.) And although that film is about an alien observing Earth culture, a totally different premise, I thought the ending of this movie might have been a reference to that, as Sam II could have been called a man who fell to Earth, too. And I was thinking about Duncan Jones growing up, thinking about space... But perhaps I'm taking that idea too far.
Hm, I never thought of the song "Space Oddity" but knowing his son directed the movie, that's kind of interesting. I wonder if that did have any inspiration towards making the movie...I love David Bowie, but only pre-80s, that whole era for him doesn't do much for me, there's some good singles but Man Who Sold the World, Space Oddity, Ziggy Stardust, Aladin Sane, Low, that's where it's at.

Quote:
Anyway, I kept wondering why this movie didn't have a bigger roll-out in the US. I thought Ed Norton's performance was Oscar-worthy.
I'm such a fan of Edward Norton that I'd agree he should get an Oscar for this movie, but I'm not sure Sam Rockwell would like that.

-Also, that scene when they're turning on and off "I'm Walking on Sunshine" I thought was really funny.

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #92 (permalink)

We seem to have contradicting banners...
Old 01-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #93 (permalink)

Woah Dave! What's up? You aBANdoned our banner!?
Old 01-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Indaver View Post
Oh wow, amazing, amazing spoilers in that last post. Cheers for that.
woops, sorry. In fairness though, with as little time to discuss between movies as we have, do we need to keep it spoiler free?
Old 01-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station View Post
woops, sorry. In fairness though, with as little time to discuss between movies as we have, do we need to keep it spoiler free?
Yeah, before I finished the movie I came to this thread to see what some consensus was...I got something spoiled for me, and I first I thought "aw, come on man!" but then I thought..well..we're supposed to watch these things and talk about 'em...so of course something will be spoiled...I shoulda just finished the movie first...

So yeah, I think it's only fair we don't worry about spoilers. We can still try to give warnings though, if say...the movie's only been declared for a while but some of us already have things to discuss about it. Like in the cases that some of us have seen it already, or just watched it a heckuvalot sooner than others.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
Yeah, before I finished the movie I came to this thread to see what some consensus was...
We can still try to give warnings though, if say...the movie's only been declared for a while but some of us have seen it already
that is what i kept in mind when i gave two "reviews" one with a conscious effort to avoid anything spoil-y and the other for if people who have seen it (just cause how i hate when it happens to me on the "last movie you watched" thread
Old 01-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banoobie View Post
We seem to have contradicting banners...
Quote:
Woah Dave! What's up? You aBANdoned our banner!?
I got bored and I have 64bit CS5 for the first time. I refuse to apologise!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:16 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm such a fan of Edward Norton that I'd agree he should get an Oscar for this movie, but I'm not sure Sam Rockwell would like that.
Ugh, geez... I'm an idiot. I swear I know the difference between Ed Norton and Sam Rockwell!!! I even used to date a guy who looked like Sam Rockwell, and people would stop us to tell him that all the time.

I guess seeing the "Banner" banner just made the wrong name come out. Thanks for letting me know....

Quote:
So yeah, I think it's only fair we don't worry about spoilers. We can still try to give warnings though.
Agreed. We should make sure to give a warning when we're gonna give spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Indaver View Post
I got bored and I have 64bit CS5 for the first time. I refuse to apologise!
No need! I like your new banner.

Last edited by jacey.ATX; 01-25-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Ugh, geez... I'm an idiot. I swear I know the difference between Ed Norton and Sam Rockwell!!!
Oh, you're not an idiot. You've just been on the moon too long. lol

I want a custom made banner.
But my laptop completely wonked on me today, so until I get a new battery, I don't think I'll have the means to make one...and even then, I blow at photoshop.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #100 (permalink)

Fuck yeah i'll join in on this club what movie are we watching now?