Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-08-2006, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

First Date

Crap. My twelve year-old daughter is thinking about going out on her first date. I thought I would post here and get sympathy, advice, threats and/or pirated sewing patterns and then I remembered all of the things Chemda did at that age.
Shit.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

You could always impose the NO dating until you are 35 rule....

or 16...
Old 06-08-2006, 10:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

Is her boyfriend's nickname Coconut?

I havent' gotten to that part of parenting yet, but I'd offer to drop them off and pick them up from the movie. I'd take them by Dairy Queen afterward and give them money for ice cream. But most importantly, I'd keep my distance. I'd let them be them. While I secretly influence them as to what the format of a date is.

Or, "No, you can't go. He's a pederast."
Old 06-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

ya.. and how old is the guy? shit, a 12 year old on a date? thats like 7th grade isnt it? its fine shes into boys now and everything but going on a date at 12 seems like a bad idea and a little creepy, and im usually ok with these sorts of things.

hmm.. this girl a grade below me got throat herpes in 7th grade and throughout highschool she would sometimes be unable to speak for days at a time. i took martial arts with her and our child predator sensei loved asking her mom about it. and these were the good old days when middle schoolers were only deepthoating on the first date. imagine today.

happy parenting!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have given this quite a bit of thought as I have three kids, all too young to date and I was a total horndog as a teenager. I am going to make my home the "cool" place to hang out. Our basement is already morphing into a recroom and will be very cool buy the time they are teenagers my wife and I have always said yes when the kids ask if their friends can come over, and allow them to go to other kids houses a lot less. I would rather have them where I can at least pop in and keep them on guard than go to someone elses house and be unsupervised.

Plus a good "date" for young kids is "Video Rental" night at my house with my entire family, free dinner, movie pop corn, movies I approve of, (dad watching you like a hawk on a field mouse) yeah I guess my kids will think me a hard ass, and maybe have their own Podcast where the tell horror stories about their childhood.

Dep junior Teggsas
Old 06-08-2006, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogy
ya.. and how old is the guy? shit, a 12 year old on a date? thats like 7th grade isnt it? its fine shes into boys now and everything but going on a date at 12 seems like a bad idea and a little creepy, and im usually ok with these sorts of things.

hmm.. this girl a grade below me got throat herpes in 7th grade and throughout highschool she would sometimes be unable to speak for days at a time. i took martial arts with her and our child predator sensei loved asking her mom about it. and these were the good old days when middle schoolers were only deepthoating on the first date. imagine today.

happy parenting!
JAYSUS CHRIST@!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21-caerb.jpg (18.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 21-bors.jpg (23.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HolyGrail179.jpg (41.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-08-2006, 11:20 AM   #7 (permalink)

I think the immediate solution is "No."
Once that wears out I'll have to greet the little bastard at the door, polishing a shotgun or some sort of barbed hook.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

dude, you live in oregon, all there gonna do is smoke some pot and eat dorritos

better not to give her a complex about getting out of the house and away from the family
Old 06-08-2006, 11:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Postagulous
Is her boyfriend's nickname Coconut?

I havent' gotten to that part of parenting yet, but I'd offer to drop them off and pick them up from the movie. I'd take them by Dairy Queen afterward and give them money for ice cream. But most importantly, I'd keep my distance. I'd let them be them. While I secretly influence them as to what the format of a date is.

Or, "No, you can't go. He's a pederast."
totally unrelated, but looking at your avatar hurts my brain.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

I don't think you should let her date until her 2nd or 3rd year of highschool. Guys only want one thing, I'm sure the guys who want to date her now arnt looking for a meaningful relationship or friendship.