Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-25-2006, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Flashing red lights.

I'm a new subscriber and I know this issue has already probably been answered, but we most definitely have flashing red lights in the Austin, TX area.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hey, id4ego...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCKKK YOUUUUUUUU!!!

Welcome to the forums. Red lights? what sorta flashing red lights?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I am referring to the show on 7-18-06 I think where there was some talk about flashing red lights that people can treat like stop signs. There was some debate as to whether they truly exist. I currently reside in Austin, TX and there are most certianly lots of intersections in Austin that flash red and are to be treated just like stop signs.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

I remember this show, and I think it might have also been about flashing yellow lights, the most kick-ass lights in the land. In Spokane all the lights on the main roads go flashing yellow at 2:30 AM, so if you drive home at closing time you have to obey traffic rules, but if you're getting fucked up at a friend's house you can cruise home and never have to stop.

Last edited by Cubby; 07-25-2006 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by id4ego
I am referring to the show on 7-18-06 I think where there was some talk about flashing red lights that people can treat like stop signs. There was some debate as to whether they truly exist. I currently reside in Austin, TX and there are most certianly lots of intersections in Austin that flash red and are to be treated just like stop signs.
thats because Texas has a clue, unlike its neighbor, louisiana. typically, the flashing red lights are on regular stop lights, that during off traffic peak hours, switch to essentially stop sign status to move traffic along faster. in some cases, they are put in intersections with a higher than average accident rate possibly do to a lack of observation of the actual stop sign, this could be around a blind corner, on a long road that maybe went 20 miles uninterrupted, whatever.

if your state doesnt have this kind of stuff, its because you arent worth enough to them as tax payers left alive. i dont think louisiana has the blinking red lights.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

I remember when I first saw the street lights flashing. I was near the firehouse. . .or a deaf child sign. I guess I don't actually remember.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

I live in a small town in Missouri. We have stop lights that switch to blinking red. Most of them should be blinking red all the time, I routinely run red lights on my bicycle.