Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree234Likes

Old 06-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #41 (permalink)

I once worked with a woman named Kitty. She'd owned 23 cats. I loved hating her. Then it became knowledge that she changed her name to Kitty....... from Merv. Now I hate that I love her.
Bucho and Scumhook like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #42 (permalink)

I am enjoying Keith and Stuart's fan fiction version of GoT.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #43 (permalink)

Cool Lord Ricken Stark

Ricken Stark looses a eye in battle and grows up to be "Slick Rick The Ruler". This ain't funny so don't you dare laugh.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBrebonicks View Post
Ricken Stark looses a eye in battle and grows up to be "Slick Rick The Ruler". This ain't funny so don't you dare laugh.
Hey, I get that reference! Do I get a prize?
Old 06-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartPants View Post
I once worked with a woman named Kitty. She'd owned 23 cats. I loved hating her. Then it became knowledge that she changed her name to Kitty....... from Merv. Now I hate that I love her.
I re-watched from the beginning and I'm adding Bronn and "the Hound" to my list. The Hound is fearless and has a passion for killing. Then he sees fire and bails on everyone. "Fuck the people, fuck the kingdom, and fuck the king" right to the king's face. His story's gotta be good.

And Bronn (Tyrion's hired hand) just because he's funny as fuck. Though the actor has a lot to do with it. He's great. He actually reminds me of Mike in Breaking Bad who pretty much plays the same role: hired thug.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartPants View Post
I re-watched from the beginning and I'm adding Bronn and "the Hound" to my list. The Hound is fearless and has a passion for killing. Then he sees fire and bails on everyone. "Fuck the people, fuck the kingdom, and fuck the king" right to the king's face. His story's gotta be good.
I just love the Hound so hard.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #47 (permalink)

WOMP WOMP

I have to say that reading the books ruined the show for me. I should have seen it coming.

I didn't start reading them until after I had watched the first GoT season, which I was enthralled with. Then, I read the 1st through the 3rd books. As season 2 began to unfold on TV, I found myself gravely disappointed. Especially, with the new characters that weren't in season 1. It's because when I read the first three books, I had the TV characters in mind. But, since season 2 hadn't started yet, I had my own vision for Melisandre, Balon Greyjoy, Asha Greyjoy, and Ygritte...that the TV actors didn't live up to (especially Melisandre). I didn't have as many problems with the artistic license of going away from the book's specific plotlines, or the pace...

Now, I've read the 4th book, as well, and I'm not looking forward to the upcoming seasons.

In short, don't ruin the series for yourself, even if the books are mind-blowingly good.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelleegee View Post
But, since season 2 hadn't started yet, I had my own vision for Melisandre, Balon Greyjoy, Asha Greyjoy, and Ygritte...that the TV actors didn't live up to (especially Melisandre).
I read the first book before I watched season 1, and have been reading through the rest and am almost "finished" or almost "waiting."

Melisandre was the WORST casting! But I was pretty impressed with everyone else, even if they weren't what I expected exactly. For example Asha/Yara, Ygritte, Osha and Margaery were not what I was expecting but I have grown to love them a ton! But oh man Brienne was the BEST. I would watch 40 Melisandres if there were a Brienne at the end.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelleegee View Post
I have to say that reading the books ruined the show for me. I should have seen it coming.

I didn't start reading them until after I had watched the first GoT season, which I was enthralled with. Then, I read the 1st through the 3rd books. As season 2 began to unfold on TV, I found myself gravely disappointed. Especially, with the new characters that weren't in season 1. It's because when I read the first three books, I had the TV characters in mind. But, since season 2 hadn't started yet, I had my own vision for Melisandre, Balon Greyjoy, Asha Greyjoy, and Ygritte...that the TV actors didn't live up to (especially Melisandre). I didn't have as many problems with the artistic license of going away from the book's specific plotlines, or the pace...

Now, I've read the 4th book, as well, and I'm not looking forward to the upcoming seasons.

In short, don't ruin the series for yourself, even if the books are mind-blowingly good.
Almost the same boat as you. Watched the first season, started reading the first book. Finished the second season.. re-watched both seasons. Still not done with first book... ok not EXACTLY the same as you.

But is the story holding up? At first I thought you were saying reading them ruined the whole thing because the story ends up sucking. But then I realized more that you meant you weren't happy with the actor choices. I'm assuming the story is still good and doesn't fall apart if you're still reading, yeah?
Old 06-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
But oh man Brienne was the BEST. I would watch 40 Melisandres if there were a Brienne at the end.
Agreed...they got her spot on. I wonder if it's a bit insulted to be cast as the ugly chick...or if a paycheck is a paycheck, and who gives a fuck?