Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-06-2006, 01:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

I was once stung by a wasp and my arm swelled up bigger than my leg...the prescription? Benadryl....a big shot in my case but when I left they prescribed Benadryl and an atropene syrette...

2 weeks and you are good as new
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

Location: London, Ontario, Canada. Formerly Paisley, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
i wonder if you can get parasites from a wasp sting? i know theres some crazy parasites that they can have, and i know about some fucked up shit they do to caterpillars, ending up growing inside them, castrating and eventually killing them, and fighting with eachother growing inside the caterpillar, but im sure you dont have that to worry about.
That's not parasites, that's their eggs laid inside the caterpillar and eating it alive
Old 07-06-2006, 02:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

That sting mark looks a bit suspicious, I'd say amputate it yourself - just to be on the safe side.

Or have a friend slam it in a car door - that'll make sure the rest of the stinger is forced out....
Old 07-06-2006, 04:16 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilishone
That's not parasites, that's their eggs laid inside the caterpillar and eating it alive
making them parasites.....wasps have parasites and can be parasites, i should have been more clear
Old 07-06-2006, 05:02 AM   #15 (permalink)

i prescribe 400mg of Jebus 2 times per day. if it gets worse come back or, in the case of an emergency go to church.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:23 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
in case you go into anafalactic shock(no idea how thats spelled).
It's anaphylactic shock. Some cortisone will work as well, reduces the swelling ...

Concerning the red vains: If u happen to picture them, don't worry. U r not gonna die. Especially the UL about the red vaines strechting over ur arms towards ur heart (and that once it reached the heart u r fucked) is total BS. The red coloring of ur vaines is a bad sign, no doubt. But it will NEVER -repeat N-E-V-E-R- reach ur heart. The next lymph node on the vaine's way to ur heart is gonna wash down the coloring.

Also, applying ice on the area of the "assault" is not that much of a good idea.
The cooling will stop the blood circulation in that parts of ur body. Hence, the venom will not be washed down or diluted by blood circulation. As a result of that, u will carry the venom much longer time with u in that limited area. Concentration's higher, and so the damage will be.

Fever, fatigue, and drivelessnes is damn well a sign of ur body combating "intruders".

Nevertheless, go get a doctor in case u won't recover!
Old 07-06-2006, 06:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaH112
It's anaphylactic shock. Some cortisone will work as well, reduces the swelling ...

Concerning the red vains: If u happen to picture them, don't worry. U r not gonna die. Especially the UL about the red vaines strechting over ur arms towards ur heart (and that once it reached the heart u r fucked) is total BS. The red coloring of ur vaines is a bad sign, no doubt. But it will NEVER -repeat N-E-V-E-R- reach ur heart. The next lymph node on the vaine's way to ur heart is gonna wash down the coloring.

Also, applying ice on the area of the "assault" is not that much of a good idea.
The cooling will stop the blood circulation in that parts of ur body. Hence, the venom will not be washed down or diluted by blood circulation. As a result of that, u will carry the venom much longer time with u in that limited area. Concentration's higher, and so the damage will be.

Fever, fatigue, and drivelessnes is damn well a sign of ur body combating "intruders".

Nevertheless, go get a doctor in case u won't recover!
i'm no longer needed here
Old 07-06-2006, 07:05 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaH112
w00t!

Sounds like we finally got ourselves a real doctor on the forums!

Old 07-06-2006, 07:43 AM   #19 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClass
i'm no longer needed here
Im not needed here either! But im still here!
Old 07-06-2006, 07:59 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahfingway
I was once stung by a wasp and my arm swelled up bigger than my leg...the prescription? Benadryl....a big shot in my case but when I left they prescribed Benadryl and an atropene syrette...

2 weeks and you are good as new
Benadryl fucking burns when it's injected. I had an allergic reaction to some antibiotics a couple months ago and was hospitalized. Benadryl in the IV three times a day. BURNS like a motherfucker! Couldn't wait for the doctor to OK me taking it orally (The Benadryl, you sick fucks!).