Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-30-2006, 07:16 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
only fun in small doses.
like that 5 second orgasm, like that cigarette, and a cookie.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:52 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
im just so long winded, and pick on details of a message, even if i pretty much agree with it. pretty much, im an asshole. only fun in small doses.
Aw, come on you give yourself too much credit! I've seen bigger assholes! You're just another sarcastic bastid! But you are fun! I have a tendency to pick too!

As a matter of fact, most of the posts I've been reading here are pretty funny! (really!) I'd invite you all to come home with me, but then I wouldn't be the only "sarcastic bastid" there and I'd lose some cred! LOL see y'all later!
Old 07-30-2006, 08:17 PM   #23 (permalink)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOU!
(And welcome, glad you like it!)
Old 07-30-2006, 08:34 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by perclissigi
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOU!
(And welcome, glad you like it!)
Thank you! It's always nice to be appreaciated! (and I do mean the upper case part of that!) And because I've always be seduced by a sense of humor! As my typing skills are slow, may I call you PC?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:21 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
i dislike dawn, let me preface with that. dont get the wrong idea about what im about to say. but i do take issue with some stuff.

i dont know about her singing voice, but i think she has a great speaking voice. in my opinion, one of the best speaking voices ive heard from a female in the podcasting world. its the content of her character i have issues with.

i really dont care how she looks or what she weighs, and you really dont know if she eats alot, so thats not really fair to say.

also, SUVs have a utilitarian purpose, if you live in the sticks and it snows. both of which is true in her case. further, most SUVs get better or as good mileage as any van or truck. if you have kids or animals to lug around, an SUV is a sound choice. i pretty much just take exception in general with the media fed hatred of SUVs. they even have hybrid SUVs that get more than 30 to a gallon and RVs...most of em that ive seen have V-8s, and i rarely see or hear of anyone using it as a daily driver. they have virtually no environmental impact that im aware of. anyway, driving an SUV doesnt make you any more or less environmentally friendly than driving a smart car. its like saying someone who murders 6 people is worse than ssomeone who murders 4. and with the coal burning power companies, and all the other huge suppliers of CO2, it really doesnt matter.

as far as thinking shes smart, smart is a realitive term, and she lives in the sticks. ive never lived where she does, but many places ive been to in the backwoods southeast, ive easily been hands down the smartest guy in the room.

but i agree with your sentiment.
True on all counts, but Dawn is a member of the internet community as well. No matter her surroundings, the internet is a large place, and she lays her claim as the queen of it. She gives advice, while denouncing her husband's, and refuses to accept outside opinion. She rags on Christianity, saying it makes no sense, but she's a Pagan. Also, she lived in LA, so I'm sure she met some smart people there. Dawn is arrogant. She, be it underhandedly, claims intellectual superiority over her listening base and over the internet. Her little "veiled humor" about KATG is ridiculous, not just because it's poorly veiled, but because she thinks she's being clever. As for her singing, she takes many impromptu breaks in the show just to sing, or to play a song she made. Her voice is pretty good for speaking purposes, but as a singer she is mediocre at best. She is one of the people who enters American Idol thinking they're a great singer, and then even when she gets bashed by Simon, still knows "she's got talent". Also, while SUV's should not be nationally reviled, as you so poignantly state, the fact is, they purchased one for their camping trips and transporting their dogs. Then they got an RV as well. Dawn rages against conspicuous consumption, talking about "freecycling" and "limiting trash output", yet her weight shows she has no self-discipline when it comes to food, and her purchasing habits reveal mild environmental-consciousness at best. Dawn has crafted a persona as the perpetual outsider, always lashing out at society because they don't accept her, when in fact she is primarily at fault for that because of her attitude. Her blue hair, her piercings, all of these are traits she can control. She chooses to make herself strange and to adopt a mildly hippy persona to create this facsimile of a lifestyle, when in fact she contradicts it left and right. She may live in an old farmhouse, but she loves her new Mac products. She may drive a hybrid car, but she bought an RV. She may claim others are offended by her hair and piercings, when in actuality her attitude is more than enough to keep others from associating with her. For all of this and more, Dawn is the problem with the Dawn and Drew Show. I have listened to every episode, and continue to listen to each one, partially out of nostalgia, and partially because talk radio makes good white noise when I go about my day. But I can say with total honesty that the Dawn and Drew Show would be far better without Dawn.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:26 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNJ
True on all counts, but Dawn is a member of the internet community as well. No matter her surroundings, the internet is a large place, and she lays her claim as the queen of it. She gives advice, while denouncing her husband's, and refuses to accept outside opinion. She rags on Christianity, saying it makes no sense, but she's a Pagan. Also, she lived in LA, so I'm sure she met some smart people there. Dawn is arrogant. She, be it underhandedly, claims intellectual superiority over her listening base and over the internet. Her little "veiled humor" about KATG is ridiculous, not just because it's poorly veiled, but because she thinks she's being clever. As for her singing, she takes many impromptu breaks in the show just to sing, or to play a song she made. Her voice is pretty good for speaking purposes, but as a singer she is mediocre at best. She is one of the people who enters American Idol thinking they're a great singer, and then even when she gets bashed by Simon, still knows "she's got talent". Also, while SUV's should not be nationally reviled, as you so poignantly state, the fact is, they purchased one for their camping trips and transporting their dogs. Then they got an RV as well. Dawn rages against conspicuous consumption, talking about "freecycling" and "limiting trash output", yet her weight shows she has no self-discipline when it comes to food, and her purchasing habits reveal mild environmental-consciousness at best. Dawn has crafted a persona as the perpetual outsider, always lashing out at society because they don't accept her, when in fact she is primarily at fault for that because of her attitude. Her blue hair, her piercings, all of these are traits she can control. She chooses to make herself strange and to adopt a mildly hippy persona to create this facsimile of a lifestyle, when in fact she contradicts it left and right. She may live in an old farmhouse, but she loves her new Mac products. She may drive a hybrid car, but she bought an RV. She may claim others are offended by her hair and piercings, when in actuality her attitude is more than enough to keep others from associating with her. For all of this and more, Dawn is the problem with the Dawn and Drew Show. I have listened to every episode, and continue to listen to each one, partially out of nostalgia, and partially because talk radio makes good white noise when I go about my day. But I can say with total honesty that the Dawn and Drew Show would be far better without Dawn.

Someone paid attention in psychology class...
Old 07-30-2006, 10:51 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
...honesty that the Dawn and Drew Show would be far better without Dn.
LOL that's like saying that Burns and Allen (for you kids! http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/1836/ ),would be better without Gracie! Or that Keith would be better without the girl! God forbid!Someone's got to be the straight man!
Old 07-30-2006, 11:17 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJARE
LOL that's like saying that Burns and Allen (for you kids! http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/1836/ ),would be better without Gracie! Or that Keith would be better without the girl! God forbid!Someone's got to be the straight man!
Jebus Christ! Only three posts in! and I think you've used more exclamation points than I have seen in the rest of the forums! You're an animal! Holy Shit! Wow! Ow! Me-ow!
Old 07-30-2006, 11:26 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
Someone paid attention in psychology class...
Never taken one in my life, but high school gives you a lot of the information you need, if only you sort it out. I've seen people do the exact same thing at my high school, the only difference is, they're not in their 30's. At age 17 it's a phase, at age 31 (or nearly) it's just a shame. Dawn feeds off the attention she gets, which is why she loves hogging time on the podcast. Someone with that many insecurities (probably because of weight/appearance issues) needs attention to keep themself from focusing on their perceived negative qualities. She sings, because singing gets attention. Ditto for the piercings, dye jobs, and her crass language. I always appreciate the fact that Drew manages to explain himself without obscenities. Dawn, on the other hand, is inextricably drawn to them to mask her poor vocabulary.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
True on all counts, but ... the Dawn and Drew Show would be far better without Dawn.
What he said...