Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

As someone who hasn't been unemployed since I was 14, I am unlikely to believe that there is absolutely no work in the world.

Can you make anything? Make it and sell it.

Nobody needs their lawn mowed, a light-bulb changed, a paint job on their garage? Go door to door and ask them these things. They might at least feed you or give you a drink.

Buy a box of candy and sell the individual packs on the street-tell people it's for the vets, wear your dog tags, dress in fatigues or red, white, and blue.

Do you have a home depot in your town, or any other type of home improvement store? Stand outside of it, ask people if they need an extra hand. Work hard and people will call you before they head over there to get guys they don't know for the jobs they need.

$430 a week is a lot of money to be getting it for free. Buy yourself a bus ticket or rent a room in a house. Ask someone if you can give them $100 a month to sleep on their couch.

Head over to craigslist, and buy a $100 dollar car, park it somewhere that nobody tows cars away from and sleep in it until you can buss it back to Boston.

Hook up with some hippies and hitch-hike or bike from Arkansas to Boston. That should take you at least a month.

There are more options open to you than there is time to think of them. Man up.

Last edited by marina; 05-11-2009 at 07:57 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhian View Post
Understood, but you make twice as much as I do in a week.
Just sayin, it can be done.
agreed

you can always hitch hike. Or contact those get out of dept ppl that Keith and Chemda do ads for. I hear its works
Old 05-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

CouchSurfing - Participate in Creating a Better World, One Couch At A Time

maybe?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

For $100.00 I feed my family of 4 for 1-2 weeks. If it is just you, you should be fine. 35$ to 50$ a week for food and camping out in a sleeping bag is free. A bus ticket should be cheep enough, and get you close to Boston.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:23 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean View Post
For $100.00 I feed my family of 4 for 1-2 weeks. If it is just you, you should be fine. 35$ to 50$ a week for food and camping out in a sleeping bag is free. A bus ticket should be cheep enough, and get you close to Boston.
How do you do that? I'm currently struggling with our food budget.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

I would think that if maybe he spent his time looking for a job and not posting on the forums about his silly financal problems, he would not be in this sort of mess.

Just saying

Also Tim seems way too young to have so many problems. That does suck.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
8 whole posts and i should give a fuck bout you, why?
You should, this guy is magic.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I would think that if maybe he spent his time looking for a job and not posting on the forums about his silly financal problems, he would not be in this sort of mess.

Just saying

Also Tim seems way too young to have so many problems. That does suck.
I'm 25 and have been looking since the 8 months I've been here. Part of the problem is mainly that I'm getting evicted and my car just got repossessed. I'm rather overwealmed with everything but I have a few ideas. There's really not a lot to do in my field around here and even retail stuff like Best Buy has a hiring freeze in this area. Another issue is that since the cost of living is significantly lower, the pay offered doesn't help with a lot of my debts. While here I have 4 employment agencies working for me as well as anything I can find from the unemployment office, but it hasn't really helped longterm. I've gotten bartending gigs now and then but the main issue again is getting back home.

Though I appreciate everyone's suggestions. I'm not about to start hitchhiking though as I have a lot of furniture and things I can't sell.

Re: Couch surfing: I remember hearing about this a while back, not a bad idea, could work!

Last edited by TimFromBoston; 05-11-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

Well, I have furniture from my family that I don't own that they're expecting back. The reasons for the bankruptcy mostly stem from the lawsuit I mentioned as well as debts and such that I could afford while I was in the service, but my discharge came quite unexpectedly and going from a well paying job to nothing real quick hurt my finances an awful lot. I had a job with a police department outside of Boston for a little while but it didn't pay well enough in the end and my hours kept getting cut. I was living out of an extended stay hotel at the time until I got transfered to another PD in Boston but it didn't go through.

Last edited by TimFromBoston; 05-11-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
I don't think you're sincere in your plea for help or your alleged poorness.
He's not, it's all lies, ALL OF IT.