Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: We all want to know how you found KATG.
Found them on a podcast directory. 130 25.44%
Found them in iTunes. 117 22.90%
Heard them mentioned on another podcast. 115 22.50%
Heard an interview with Keith and/or Chemda on radio. 1 0.20%
Knew of Keith and/or Chemda's other creative outlets. 2 0.39%
Recommendation from a friend/family member. 75 14.68%
Recommendation from another forum/message board. 18 3.52%
Read about KATG online. 18 3.52%
Read about KATG in print. 0 0%
Other. 35 6.85%
Voters: 511. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree5Likes

Old 05-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Is it really such a long story? You were married and you had a boyfriend too? I'm not here to judge, I just think you have a good story in there somewhere and you're definitely in the right place to tell it.
Well, yeah. Of course that's the basic gist of it. I just had to get to work and I didn't feel like typing out the whole thing.

So, here goes.
I was with my husband for just under 10 years. I started dating him when I was 19 and we got married when I was 23 (I'm 29 now). About a year into the marriage, shit got BAD. I think we slept together a total of 5 times during the marriage, and it lasted 5 years. For real. The last 2 years of the marriage was completely sex free, but I was a loyal wife and didn't stray. During those final two years, though, my feelings toward the hus drastically changed. I wasn't in love with him. I sat on those feelings for a year, keeping it to myself. Around January of 2009, I couldn't handle it anymore. Nothing was getting better, and I knew it wouldn't unless I said something. So I told him I wasn't in love with him anymore. There were tears and begging and blah blah blah, and then............nothing changed. So a few weeks later, we had the conversation again. Tears, bullshit, wah wah waaaahhhhh, and then nothing. The conversations started happening more frequently, and nothing ever changed. I suggested going to marriage counseling, and he fucking laughed in my face at the mere suggestion.

Cut to October. One of the chicks on my roller derby team was going to a wedding out of town. She asked me to be her "date", and of course I agreed. The hus and I were fighting every day, and I needed to get the hell away from him. So I went and had a kick ass time at the wedding. I got HAMMERED at the reception. There was some buzz about the reception moving to a bar, so my friend and I went to this bar to drink more. While we were at the bar, I got up to get a beer, and this handsome boy was standing right in front of me. He introduced himself, we got to talking, and hit. it. off. We talked for the rest of the night until they were kicking us out of the bar, and we took him back to our hotel room with us. Things happened. He and I exchanged numbers the next morning, and it was back home with me.

I just kinda chalked up what happened as drunken shenannigans, and honestly had no intention of contacting this random dude who lives 7 hours and 4 states away, but I just couldn't stop thinking about him. He found me on Facebook, and we chatted a few times on there, and a couple days later, I called him. I tried to hide the communication from my husband, but I am a terrible liar, so I told him about the other guy. He flipped his shit, went completely crazy and started punching everything he could (not me). He made me promise that I wouldn't speak to the guy again, and I sheepishly agreed. Then, the next day, everything was fine. It was like nothing ever happened. Like I hadn't told him that I had a threesome with my friend and a strange dude who I was still speaking to. A couple days passed, of course I was still talking to the other guy, and I told my hus that the communication hadn't stopped. There was another outburst, the other guy found out I was married (yeah, did I forget to mention that I didn't tell him that?), and then the next day EVERYTHING WAS FINE WITH THE HUSBAND AGAIN! WTF? So, I layed it down to the hus. I told him I was not in love with him and that I had no intention of continuing our sham of a marriage. He begged and pleaded, even saying he would now go to counseling, but I refused. He moved out of our house the next day, and that was it.

As far as the boyfriend goes, we saw each other nearly every other weekend from November to March. Long distance relationships are hard as hell, and it got too much to bear. I am crazy in love with him, and we still speak fairly often. I have been on a few dates since the breakup, but no one really compares to him, and I can't get him off of my mind. I really don't feel like getting into the whole fucked up mess of our relationship, because it will seriously take up an additional 8 paragraphs, but I want to be with him and he says he still wants to be with me. I am going to visit him for the first time in 2 months next weekend. We'll see if I get my heart completely ripped out.

Told you it was a long story, and that seriously is the short version. FuckMyLife
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_martha_stewart View Post
Well, yeah. Of course that's the basic gist of it. I just had to get to work and I didn't feel like typing out the whole thing.

Told you it was a long story, and that seriously is the short version. FuckMyLife
I knew you would be fascinating. Parts of Keith and Chemda's book must have felt like they were written for you, although like you say, not with the best timing. Is your ex-husband the same age as you or older? And what do you think happened to turn things so sour only a year into marriage when you'd had four years of a relationship that made you say yes to marrying him?

Also, when I read your story I pictured your husband (because it played like a movie trailer or short film in my head) to be played by the dude who plays Liz's ex Dennis on 30 Rock (but a not funny version) and your Handsome Boy to be played by James Franco (who's automatically a funny version). And you to be played by you, of course. Am I close?
Old 05-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I knew you would be fascinating. Parts of Keith and Chemda's book must have felt like they were written for you, although like you say, not with the best timing. Is your ex-husband the same age as you or older? And what do you think happened to turn things so sour only a year into marriage when you'd had four years of a relationship that made you say yes to marrying him?

Also, when I read your story I pictured your husband (because it played like a movie trailer or short film in my head) to be played by the dude who plays Liz's ex Dennis on 30 Rock (but a not funny version) and your Handsome Boy to be played by James Franco (who's automatically a funny version). And you to be played by you, of course. Am I close?
The ex is 2 years older than me. The boyfriend is 5 years younger. Honestly, I married too young and our relationship was more of a friendship love than a romantic love. I think I was just happy to have someone take care of me. I was out of my parents' house and immediatley moved in with him, so I never had a chance to be on my own. He treated me like a child, did everything for me, and I lost myself.

You should actually picture the ex as a greasy Elvis wanna be, and the handsome boy as a bald James Franco. This would be a great movie. I should write a screenplay....with me ending up in a problem-free dream relationship with the handsome fella, living in the same town and having mind-blowing sex every night.

I suppose I should also mention that I never had any babies with the ex...I guess you'd have to bang to do that, though.

Last edited by metal_martha_stewart; 05-21-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #24 (permalink)

Started with the whole podcasting thing by listening to "Nobody Likes Onions." I ventured into Podcast Alley one day and saw KATG near or on the top and decided to listen and loved it!
Old 05-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #25 (permalink)

One day I looked at my buddy and said "We should start a podcast. How hard could it be?" He agreed and we set out to learn all we could about podcasting. I set off to find podcast directories and see what was out there and KATG was just the first thing I clicked on. After 4 months I've learned two things. Podcasting isn't easy and KATG is one of few podcasts worth listening to.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #26 (permalink)

I got an ipod for Christmas 4 years ago, but i did not start listening to music until about a year ago, so at the time the only thing i used the ipod for was listening to stand up and audio books, both of which got expensive for a military brat who moved every 6 months and by high school had stopped bothering to make friends at each new place, therefor listened to his ipod at least 8 hours a day. when i discovered pod casts i thought it was the best thing ever as they where free. eventually i learned that 99.99% of podcasts suck so when going through itunes i found katg and the already hundreds of hours of podcast i was hooked. katg was my only friend for about a year and a half, and threw it i learned social skills so that by the time i got to college i was able to join a fraternity and make tons of new friends right away. it also took the pussy off a pedestal so i was able to talk to and flirt with girls.

http://hoshnobobo.tumblr.com/
Old 05-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #27 (permalink)

way back in the early days, my wife was listening to it and i got curious. When I finally asked her to share earbuds with me so I could hear this thing she was laughing at, what I heard was Keith doing standup.

I didn't really like it. I think context would have helped. After it ended, she told me it was a bumper at the end of the show, that the actual material I should be listening to is a talk show.

It must have taken two months after that before I was so bored at work that I needed some sort of talk show to keep me company. I tried this one out again, and it was a complete 180 from my first impression. Two funny people who complement each other brilliantly, giving me at least an hour every day for free. Nothing like I'd ever heard on the radio before.

I was hooked. Jeez, how many years has it been since then? 4? Still gold.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:55 AM   #28 (permalink)

I had started listening to my ipod when I worked at a library in college, and I would listen while I was working because my job was really boring. At first, I listened exclusively to NPR and college classes that one of the California Universities was broadcasting at the time. But the brain can only take so much of that, so I just typed 'comedy' into the podcast directory and Keith and the Girl came up.

I had been seeing them on itunes for awhile, but I didn't like the name. I totally had the typical 'feminist' reaction that Chemda talks about on the show. I finally decided that since they seemed to be on every other podcast search I made, I'd give them a try. The first show I listened to, Keith said some really offensive things, but I was laughing the whole time.

My vegetarian, PC, feminist, liberal arts college mind was blown. It took at least 2 more episodes before I really knew I liked them, but this show was exactly what I needed from the get go.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #29 (permalink)

I was searching iTunes for comedic content back in May 2007 and was attracted to the KaTG logo. KaTG has been a part of my daily life ever since.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #30 (permalink)

My wife told me about the show back in 2005 but for some dumb reason it took me until June 2006 to actually pay attention when a co-worker of mine went to the live LA show and forced me to listen. After hearing Patrice talk about house-sitting for some people and then go on a nice rant about it, I was hooked. Went back to show 1 and never looked back...well except on occasion when I just wanted to hear a particular story again. and again. and again.