Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Once you're in bed, how do you roll? (Multiple choices available)
I read a book or magazine 19 21.11%
I listen to podcasts or radio 33 36.67%
I fall asleep to a TV show or movie 18 20.00%
I meditate 4 4.44%
I blow a load 23 25.56%
I get some drugs in me 16 17.78%
I go to my happy place 15 16.67%
I read social media on phone or tablet 12 13.33%
I just lay down and drop off as if by magic 25 27.78%
This list is awesome but I do something that's not on it 8 8.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

I used to be an insomniac, so learned to regulate my sleep with meditation, and basically running myself ragged. If I don't do a lot of things during the day, I don't sleep at night. If I did my day right, I'm exhausted and drop right off. When I was younger, I always had to jerk off first, but now that I'm an adult, my days are so full that it's rare I can stay awake long enough to jerk it.

When the insomnia comes back, I usually masturbate, meditate or medicate in that order.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

I need noise, perfect silence makes me uneasy. So I leave the tv on (I currently sleep in my living room [bedroom's too hot]) and if I'm not dropping off after 20 minutes I "blow a load".
Old 10-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #13 (permalink)

I smoke a joint and then rub one out. It's my form of meditation.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Pre Sleep prep:
No caffeine or exercise after 3pm
No talking or thinking about stressful things after 7pm
Have the same routine every night before bed (brush teeth, wash face, sex, etc)

In Bed routine:
Earplugs (I can still hear the kid don't panic)
Stephen King or some other light read
Go-to daydream scenario (How I would decorate a sun room, What would I say if I ran into that old boyfriend, What buffet would I have at our wedding)

Having trouble?
Nyquil
Nyquil
Nyquil

Oh, and masturbation and warm socks, in that order.

After you have kids they screw with your body clock. I am on semi alert all the time, I have been woken up at odd hours for 3 years and have only started having a full nights sleep again in the last 6 months. I need routine for sleep or I struggle. It all works for me. Nyquil is a dangerous crutch though. I had a slight problem with it last year because I couldn't get to sleep (thank you little boy) and then I was getting up at 4 am. Now 5 am is the norm and I can fall asleep unaided most nights. PHEW.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Wow Campy, you got it down to a science.

Funny what you say about warm socks. I have to have my feet be cool to get to sleep so I usually have them out from under the covers. It's not just the coolness, it's something about the weight of the sheet too, which is ridiculous to think about but somehow true. I don't know why. Probably because I was a feral kid who ran barefoot all the time and my feet love freedom.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

I just lay down and close my eyes. I can sleep pretty quickly and pretty much anywhere. At work, subway, driving... so hard to stay awake sometimes.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #17 (permalink)

liquor. if that doesn't work I think about Bucho's posts and wonder if he is still picturing me naked while thinking about reading his posts. It's a conundrum. Usually tires me out.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Sex, then read a book and play footsie until we drop off.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Latest episode reminded me of waking up last Sunday morning thinking it's a work day for the first few seconds and then remembering it's not. There are few joys greater.

And one night last week where I'd had a shitty sleepless night followed a day of harder than normal labour so I went to bed earlier than normal and dropped off almost immediately. In the morning my wife moving around the room wakes me up and I feel like shit still, like I could do with another 8 hours of sleep. Then I realise it's not that she's getting up, it's that she's coming to bed. It's not morning, it's only 10:45pm. It was a feeling more beautiful than a high five from God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepetek View Post
liquor. if that doesn't work I think about Bucho's posts and wonder if he is still picturing me naked while thinking about reading his posts. It's a conundrum. Usually tires me out.
If you are thinking about reading my post then I am thinking about picturing you naked. That's just good science.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:05 AM   #20 (permalink)

i very rarely go to bed and immediately decide to go to sleep. i watch tv for a little while or catch up on social stuff on my smart phone. just laying still is what makes me tired so after so long doing those things im tired enough that i can turn them off and sleep. but when it comes to actually drifting off, i dont do anything other than lay down and close my eyes.
i do have trouble sleeping if my girlfriend isnt there with me, but thats only because shes been there for 7 years almost and im simply used to it. so other than having to put my arm over her, i can pretty much just fall asleep with no input