Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

OK...I sent the email

Good morning Mr Harris,

I am writing a letter to you in regards to a couple whose dog, Seymour Puppyfeets, was captured on Saturday and was put down within hours of his capture and arrival to your facility. I can appreciate the sheer volume of stray cats and dogs that must come through your doors on any given day and that policies must be in place to deal with that volume in a concise manner. However, after hearing the story of how Seymour was put down so dismissively in your animal shelter I was truly disgusted. Seymours owner, Birdie, wasn't given the chance to find her puppy before he was put to death, there seemed to be no attempt to reunite the obviously well cared for animal with it's owner, to make matters even worse, the procedure was carried out by an unlicensed vet assistant and was not signed off by an actual vet. Each of these instances on their own would show incompetence but put together leads one to believe that the purpose of your facility isn't to shelter animals but to cull the herd.

It is establishments like yours that infuriate pet owners and leave the general population apathetic to your cause. Who would donate time or money to a slaughter house. It is too late for Seymour Puppyfeets but I do hope you reconsider your policies at your "shelter" and restructure so that new arrivals aren't simply put to death because of lack of space or illness. You must give pet owners a chance to find their lost pets. A policy of in the door dead by noon is unacceptable.

Regards
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

thank, you campy. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

i made an appointment with my vet today to get a better understanding of our counties policies and am waiting on a get back from the city governance (the woman's dad is having heart surgery and i'm not about to go in and ruffle her feathers while they're otherwise worried)
Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

I am so very sorry for your loss.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I don't think this situation is funny and I really feel bad for you.

However, there's something funny about a complaint about a dog coming from a birdie.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Sparrow, I have a FB friend who works for the Humane Society who has reached out to me to get your info to bring this case a bit more light. I PM'd you her work email at the Humane Society
Old 01-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Any updates Sparez?
Old 01-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

well. he's still dead. but, we were heard. the shelter manager sucked a huge dong, but every single other person who heard his story felt the same as us. people all across this land know about Seymour. getting our shelter proper isolation areas is a huge undertaking; one that we're not prepared to take on. i would encourage everyone to microchip their best doggie friends.