Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-13-2010, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

iPod Question I've wondered about the last few years

Is there any way to make podcasts play oldest to newest on an iPod. I know how to do it in iTunes. I appreciate that the newest KATG is always on top, but I spend a lot of time listening to old shows and I've grown used to rewinding to the next show, but I've always wondered if it was possible to change this setting on my iPod.

Sorry for the dumb question if it's easy to do, or if it's obvious that it's impossible to do.

Thx!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've tried to figure it out, and I never could get it to work like that. The obvious solution that I finally used was making huge 100 hour playlists of old KATG episodes (I like putting KATG on in the background while I work).
Old 07-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Not sure. I'm in the habit of starting at the bottom of a list and going up from there. I guess it's a pain if it doesn't roll into it, but it doesn't bother me much, but I'm not in a position where it would.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

This is almost completely unrelated to your question....but because I just found that this worked for me (for a completely different iPod problem) I figured I'd post on this thread..

I don't know about you guys, but one problem I face almost always eventually with an iPod (I've had like four or five iPods in the past four of five years) is that something will happen to it....after I drop it or sometimes completely on its own...it stops playing music, or maybe it'll "play" a song but every song just auto-skips to the next...or it'll have music and podcasts on it but it'll say "no music" but still indicated that it's however much full (like it truly is)....and this is how it starts then eventually when I plug it in....iTunes says it needs to be restored..fine..let's try

and it's happened to probably every iPod I've owned...it'll "eject" itself before Restoring can take place....it's like it purposely does NOT allow itself to get restored or something...and I'll try a million babillion times, and nothing.

Same thing happened to me last night with my current iPod...I was pissed....I was using Media Monkey (cause I fucking hate iTunes and MediaMonkey is way better) and updating my iPod with Monday's KATG and other podcasts...when in the middle of updating my iPod ejects itself...and the scenario listed above happened...it won't play anything because it says I have no songs no podcasts on it....though it's barely got any space left.

I tried the iTunes restore thing 20 times, nothing worked...I tried resetting the iPod...didn't do anything, disc mode, nope, nothing...

I connect it again to my laptop...open up MediaMonkey cause I figured I'll just let KATG play from there as I lie in bed, when I decide to check something out for kicks...

I right clicked on my iPod on the MediaMonkey source/menu thing....and selected "Rebuild Device Database" it took a few minutes, but after it finished I ejected the iPod...looked at it

PERFECT
Completely fixed.

I've had to return iPods under warranty, buy new ones, so many times because of this problem....and bam MediaMonkey fixed it.
and

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club
Old 07-14-2010, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
I've tried to figure it out, and I never could get it to work like that. The obvious solution that I finally used was making huge 100 hour playlists of old KATG episodes (I like putting KATG on in the background while I work).
Playlist, duh!
Thank you for your common sense. I never thought of that.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampoo View Post
Playlist, duh!
Thank you for your common sense. I never thought of that.
Exactly. I have a smart play-list for all of my unheard Podcasts, sorted by release date.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

I found out how to do this by accident. When you are in the menu where all of your podcasts are listed, click play on Keith and The Girl. This automatically plays the oldest episode first. Do this instead of clicking the center button to view the list of episodes.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

handy tip thank you
Old 07-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Two little monkeys jumping on this thread. One fell off and bumped his head...
Old 07-16-2010, 05:24 AM   #10 (permalink)

i will also digress from your original question as many others have chosen to do. is there any way to take music off of your ipod to put onto itunes, or is it a one way street?