Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 01-27-2009, 08:13 AM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
All of the above.

I don't see the point of this question.

We live in a democracy. So if I want policy to change, I want people's opinions to change.
We live in a republic. Policy and people's opinions do not walk hand in hand.

I ask the question to determine the direction of your thought process. I'm trying to determine if you would like to legislate an end to personal financial support of Israel or if you would just like it to magically cease with a parade of unicorns, or something in between.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
We live in a republic. Policy and people's opinions do not walk hand in hand.
No kidding. I'm stressing the democratic part of democratic republic to highlight what I want changed.
Quote:
I ask the question to determine the direction of your thought process. I'm trying to determine if you would like to legislate an end to personal financial support of Israel or if you would just like it to magically cease with a parade of unicorns, or something in between.
I want exactly what I said. I want the people, themselves, to stop supporting Israel. If I wanted to coerce things to go my way, I would say I should be crowned King.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:41 AM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
No kidding. I'm stressing the democratic part of democratic republic to highlight what I want changed.

I want exactly what I said. I want the people, themselves, to stop supporting Israel. If I wanted to coerce things to go my way, I would say I should be crowned King.
And I want everyone in the world to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and learn to take some personal responsibility for themselves, their neighbors, and their environment. But hey, we all have dreams.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
And I want everyone in the world to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and learn to take some personal responsibility for themselves, their neighbors, and their environment. But hey, we all have dreams.
But it's not like the public is misinformed about personal responsibility, whereas there has been numerous examples of misconceptions that are easily corrected by fact just in this thread.

I, at least, have a place to start.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
But it's not like the public is misinformed about personal responsibility, whereas there has been numerous examples of misconceptions that are easily corrected by fact just in this thread.

And how exactly has the public been misinformed and by whom?
Old 01-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
And how exactly has the public been misinformed and by whom?
I don't care by who, but if you're telling me Britain created Israel there's some serious shit people don't know.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:58 AM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:

Ummm, I'm sorry, did you just state that the public hasn't been misinformed about personal responsibility? Sorry, I had to get the coffee off of my monitor before I could respond...
Old 01-27-2009, 09:00 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't care by who, but if you're telling me Britain created Israel there's some serious shit people don't know.
If you are serious about correcting what you feel are misconceptions, then you had better care "by whom" and also "why" to have any chance of succeeding. That one's free. Next piece of advice will cost you.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:00 AM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Ummm, I'm sorry, did you just state that the public hasn't been misinformed about personal responsibility? Sorry, I had to get the coffee off of my monitor before I could respond...
Are there any quantifiable facts about personal responsibility that would be as easy to correct as misconceptions about Israel?

I'm not saying there aren't misconceptions, I'm just saying the Israel thing is easier.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:03 AM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
If you are serious about correcting what you feel are misconceptions, then you had better care "by whom" and also "why" to have any chance of succeeding. That one's free. Next piece of advice will cost you.
I'm guessing, like in most cases, misinformation is caused by a combination of a vehement proponent minority and ignorance.

So I don't care. I can't and won't silence the proponents, and the dissemination of fact is an antidote to ignorance.