Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Jailbrake Help

So I just jailbroke my iPhone 4, but I'm having some trouble. I downloaded some themes from cydia, and applied them with winterboard. I found one I LOVE called ROXY. I love everything, but hate the lock screen. Does anyone know how I can change just that? Thank you
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter_chick View Post
So I just jailbroke my iPhone 4, but I'm having some trouble. I downloaded some themes from cydia, and applied them with winterboard. I found one I LOVE called ROXY. I love everything, but hate the lock screen. Does anyone know how I can change just that? Thank you
Go into winterboard and uncheck the lock screen. You can set priorities in WB by dragging items to the top of bottom by using the button on the right with the 3 lines.

Did you use jailbreakme.com? Did mine the other day and it works great!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

If that doesn't work, you'll have to ssh into your phone and manually change the lock screen file...you'll have to do some reading for this. Check out www.sinfuliphone.com .

Their server is down right now do to heavy traffic load, but it should be up again soon.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

I used jailbrakeme. So easy it's retarted!! Thanks for your help. I tried rearranging the priorities, but it's still fucked. I'll have to do some reading. Thank you for your help!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter_chick View Post
I used jailbrakeme. So easy it's retarted!! Thanks for your help. I tried rearranging the priorities, but it's still fucked. I'll have to do some reading. Thank you for your help!
I use iPhone Explorer. Just plug your phone in and open the program up, navigate to Root/var/stash/Themes/*name of your theme* and the lockscreen images will be in there somewhere.. just delete them and then respring your phone.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny C View Post
No fuck them. They're a bunch of app stealers who take shit off your site, put their name on it and post it as theirs.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubaya View Post
No fuck them. They're a bunch of app stealers who take shit off your site, put their name on it and post it as theirs.
And most of their shit has put my iPhone in safe mode since jailbreaking iOS 4.0.

I'd avoid them.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubaya View Post
So what site do you check out for news and app reviews?

I don't install any cracked apps, but Sinful's news section always has the latest news when it comes to jailbreaks.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny C View Post
So what site do you check out for news and app reviews?

I don't install any cracked apps, but Sinful's news section always has the latest news when it comes to jailbreaks.
I follow @comex, @planetbeing, @musclenerd and @iphone_dev on Twitter.. comex is the one that made the 4.0 Jailbreakme JB that was released on Monday. Those guys from the Dev Team are always up to date with iPhone jailbreak info.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
I follow @comex, @planetbeing, @musclenerd and @iphone_dev on Twitter.. comex is the one that made the 4.0 Jailbreakme JB that was released on Monday. Those guys from the Dev Team are always up to date with iPhone jailbreak info.
I follow them too, but I was talking about iPhone news and app reviews. Modmyi.com isn't bad, but I like the layout of sinful more.