Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny C View Post
I follow them too, but I was talking about iPhone news and app reviews. Modmyi.com isn't bad, but I like the layout of sinful more.
Oh, I get you. I watch Appvee on YouTube for app reviews and the TWiiPhone podcast is usually decent for iPhone and general Apple news.. kinda.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #12 (permalink)

Get it while you can or don't apply updates from now on. The way jailbreakme works is by exploiting a defect in the way Safari renders a particular PDF font. It apparently gives safari root access to the phone and that is how all of the stuff is done that you would normally have to manually do. Apple knows about it and plans on fixing it in the next update. Interestingly enough Cydia has an update available that also fixes it.

So, long story short, until apple comes out with the update, secure your phone by jailbreaking it.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Sinful has been nice to me. I know they steal shit but hell i use torrents and installous so im already an asshole.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #14 (permalink)

Also, I have the 3g which, when upgraded to ios 4 had performance issues as has been pointed out by others. I don't have those anymore, it is like I have my 3g back. Anyone else notice this?
Old 08-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny C View Post
So what site do you check out for news and app reviews?

I don't install any cracked apps, but Sinful's news section always has the latest news when it comes to jailbreaks.
I don't use the iphone anymore, but I never checked out any sites for news or app reviews when I did. I subscribed to rss feeds of apps, filtered the junk, and installed the ones that interested me and also hung out on a couple forums to help people and I guess I heard about some things that way. But new jailbreaks are obvious and I can't really think of anything else I'd consider newsworthy unless they were introducing a new capability, and ... well, this is Apple we're talking about here...

You can see me in the sinful forums owning one of their "supermoderators" a while back for copying a script from my blog that he put his name on and claimed to have been up all night writing. Then when he said it was buggy and he rewrote it, re-owning him by showing he hadn't changed it at all.