Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Judge my OkCupid Profile

I'm bored, so here is my OkCupid profile

OkCupid: AronSora / 19 / M / New York, New York

What do you think?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This sounds fake, but not comically so.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

ooo, ok...I'm going to go fix that.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

There is nothing in the beginning that says "You would have fun doing this with me"

For example I like to hike and camp. I'm also interested in being a writer. I would talk about hiking and camping first, cause that includes a partner while my writing career aspiration implies "Leave me alone I need to finish this project"

Dont hide your nerdy social/proffesional interests. Just add some basic fun social activities that any person of any profession/ilk can enjoy doing at your side and grab their attention with those simple leisure activities first. Then you break out your interesting unique side at the end. Or even better save it for the first date.

Less is more...

Be a bit more vague about your career aspirations, so when you go on a date they can have a mental bullet point to ask you: "hey what do you mean by engineering, what kind of work is that"

You want your date to feel like they are discovering you, not like they are being pitched why your awesome.

Good luck dude!

Old 07-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Good, don't hide from your geekiness. I think maybe you should not say 'insane' as many times as you did, although it's only 2 or 3, and you were really meaning fantastical without the gay-as-shit connotation that fantastical has these days. What's another, less crappy word for fantastical? I'm unsure.

Also, more and better pictures, or links to one or both of the blogs you write. That way, people can look more into you before they contact you. Chances are, if they are also nerds, they'll want as much info as possible.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Also after some of the things you write you see to make an excuse or apologize for....I mean you say "blogging...sad I know" or "...that was a bad idea"

Don't put yourself down in your own profile...that's not cool. Confidence! Women like that....you can be funny, sometimes, in person and maybe put yourself down in some jokey way here and again....but don't hate on yourself in the first impression!

And I didn't like that you said you listen to artists that everyone pretty much hasn't heard of...

Like if I asked you "who do you like to listen to?" and you tell me "YOU WOULDN'T KNOW" that's just rude, like...why will I bother then, to talk to you if you like things "I wouldn't know"

I agree with above suggestions, add more fun things, but don't take away your geeky things. Be yourself...but show yourself in a more well rounded way, not just your nerd festivities.

Also, until you change some of that....this is a cool profile for someone I think I'd personally be friends with...but it doesn't look very much like a "date me plox" profile.

*Oh yeah, also get a better quality photo of yourself. The picture itself isn't bad...but the quality is terrible.
and
PRO-TIP: Put up a picture of you and an attractive female friend.

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club
Old 07-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
Also after some of the things you write you see to make an excuse or apologize for....I mean you say "blogging...sad I know" or "...that was a bad idea"
TRUTH!! Nothing turns a person off more than shame and insecurity. Also, when people start preaching the word "confidence" in context of dating, always respect the very thin line between confidence and cocky/arrogant/duesch bag.

Own it, and fuck the haters.

*Side note* alot of people may struggle in a similar fashion with their sexual kinks. The difference between saying "Ummmmm I kind of like this creepy odd thing and I just wondered maybe you might want to try it or something" compared to saying "This is what I like, lets give it a try and see what happens". (maybe not a first date discussion, but still relevant for down the road consideration)
Old 07-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah confidence, not cockiness. The only cockiness women like, is the cockiness in your pants! AMIRITE? badda-bing...don't use that joke, it never works.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks guys, I just updated it some, I think I got most of the unconfident stuff out that was not representing me as the person I am (I left the rolling bookbag one in there, it's something that I would say). I need to work on getting a better picture of me, my cell phone camera isn't good.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Its an improvement, you sound social, confident, but not too serious.

I got a suggestion. Before the Space cadet paragraph, say you like going for late night walks to star gaze.

This is a very romantic scenario for a new prospect to learn about why you like space so much. Its ok to have nerdy interests, when you present them in an inclusive interesting fashion.

People can know nothing about space, but at the same time, love to look up at a clear sky night and fall in love with the person next to them.