Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree14Likes

Old 05-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

KATG 2013 STAND-UP-ATHON VIDEO

KATG.com/standupathon

Watch the entire 2013 KATG Stand-Up-Athon! Your favorite comics compete against each other with their best two minutes of KATG-related material. Vote for your favorite performer - the winner gets $500!

Use discount code VOTE to get this for just $5!

Comics in order of appearance:
  • Trey Galyon
  • Myka Fox
  • Mike Lawrence
  • Jess Wood
  • Danny Hatch
  • Lauren Hennessy
  • Jonnie Flatbush
  • Big Jim Levesque
  • Tim Dimond
  • Chase Random
  • Victor Varnado
  • Ray DeVito
  • Andrea Allan
  • Ben Lerman
  • Michael Carrino
  • Chris Laker
  • Myq Kaplan
  • John F. O'Donnell
KATG.com/standupathon
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Thanks to Michael for re-doing the store so it finishes right there on the Your Downloads screen now. Makes it much smoother than it used to be to find the goods after the moolah is handed over.

At least I assume it was Michael. If not then thanks to the real hero.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

1. Myka FOX (13)
2. Mike Lawrence (12.5)
3. Tim Dimond (9.5)
4=. Big Jim, Andrea, Ben, Myq (9)
8. JFOD (8.5)
9=. Trey, Danny, Chase (8)
12. Michael (7.5)
13. Lauren, Jonnie, Chris (7)
14. Jess, Ray (6.5)
16. Victor (3)

10 = Perfect, 0 = Kill yourself, 5 = Pass mark

Trey - 8/10 Points up top just for mentioning the great Pat Dixon. No killer jokes but no duds either, just consistent and strong and very much at ease. Maybe a little tooooo at ease, but that's Trey, right?

Myka - 13/10 Best stage entrance any comedian has ever made and then continued being Myka Fox for two minutes.

Mike - 12.5/10 Comedy sniper. Laser pinpoint elite special forces accuracy. An incredible mind.

Jess - 6.5/10 Toughest spot on the bill following M&M and leant a little too far into non-KATG territory, or at least merely tangential KATG territory. Liked that she had the lips to get out early though.

Danny - 8/10 No wonder Mike Lawrence sees a young himself in Danny, because Mean Danny has what it takes to be a killer and his opening couple of jokes hitting Chemda and Ray are bullseyes. Unfortunately peters out a little but remains charming and watchable throughout.

Lauren - 7/10 The sound is out of synch and a little distracting at this point but that's not his fault. Stage presence is undeniable and his act never dips below completely engaging.

Jonnie - 7/10 Rhymes "show" with "show" to lose points up front. Seemed nervous but didn't back down and in the end pulled off an entertaining piece.

Big Jim - 9/10 Super impressed with this "non-professional". Some of the best jokes of the night and not a single dud. Loses half a point for getting cut off and half for some pacing being off, but apart from that absolute top notch.

Tim - 9.5/10 His delivery makes me laugh no matter what he's saying which gives him a wildly unfair advantage. A set chock full of bullseyes except a couple near the end which ping off the side.

Chase - 8/10 Seemed nervous on entrance but once he got into his flow I was right into it. Dipped a little near the end but overall very sharp.

Victor - 3/10 Fucking Victor. I get so hyped when he's coming up because he's so fucking talented but so fucking way off book here. Fiiiiiiinally started to get his shit together then he gets cut off. Nice job "professional".

Ray - 6.5/10 I love Ray but he seemed way underprepared for this. Goofily charming as ever but this set was short on laughs, and also falls victim to the dreaded cut-off.

Andrea - 9/10 Comes out swinging like a champ and KOs Ray, followed by a quick succession of other contenders. Tails off a little but after that kickass start she's so far ahead her place near the top of the standings is assured.

Ben - 9/10 Loved it. Clever as fuck and surprisingly epic for something which lasted less than 120 seconds.

Michael - 7.5/10 Right up front I was on board as he nailed exactly what first struck me the first time I ever listened to KATG. Impressively comfortable on stage too, maybe moreso than any other person that night including the hosts. The jokes themselves weren't A-grade but they also weren't duds and his delivery is so good it kept him entertaining the whole time

Chris - 7/10 Liked how he immediately called out that it was weird to invite him on to shit on everyone after only being on KATG once, but although he seems like a genuinely funny dude this little set never really takes off.

Myq - 9/10 The fact he takes a good long pause right up top of his set is testament to the fact he has star power up the wazoo. Clearly an evil genius although in this set his lack of shots at Keith and Chemda loses him a point.

JFOD - 8.5/10 Also has star power up the wazoo. A couple of nuggets in there but imagine how good he could have been if he'd actually prepared something.
memecherry likes this.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanx Bucho!

Thanx for taking the time to rate all of us! Much appreciated. :-)
Old 05-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Taking the time? I didn't see one thing about how great I was.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Here you go, buddy: Reviews Of The Hosts

Brother Love: Too damn nice. Just couldn't say a single mean thing about anyone -- how funny is that? Not Ooowww -- just Awwwwwwe.

Chemda: Said more under her breath than most people say in a day.

Keith: Raps like a 85 year old white man who is chasing "the damn kids" off his lawn.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Why I oughta...
Old 05-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Lauren - 7/10 The sound is out of synch and a little distracting at this point but that's not his fault. Stage presence is undeniable and his act never dips below completely engaging.
Are you using VLC like some sort of crumb bum?

Whatever you're using, if that happens then stop it at that place and try again. All computers are different and even all players are different, but this file should be syncing gem mintly.

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
13. Lauren, Jonnie, Chris (7)
Seems a little racist to me...

Quote:
Scored on powers out of my control. Wow.

Love the report card. HAAAA
memecherry likes this.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Are you using VLC like some sort of crumb bum?
lol. crumb bum.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.