Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

What's the best concert or live event you've ever attended?

What's the best concert or live event you've ever attended?

Last edited by yoav; 11-27-2023 at 04:24 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

This is MADNESS! In a definitely good way.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I'm on Ubuntu

*Nerd Voice* We are pleased

Is there anyway for you to become a trusted publisher, I'm sure the community can send in letters to adobe or fill out forms for you or something...

Edit: One small bug, if I put the app on another workspace in ubuntu, it will stay in the task bar of the main workspace. But, it is epic.

Last edited by AronSora; 06-30-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Cool

I'd like to switch the rolling around on mouse movements off tho
Old 06-30-2010, 04:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

ok just switched from 1.6.4 to 2.1.0 the new layout is nice but will take some getting used to. i cant find the pop out streaming player now. oh and just a personal request, what about a link for livevideo party superparty? oh and i cant move stuff around the screen or minimize things.

Last edited by dangerous; 06-30-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Sweet - thanks
Old 07-01-2010, 05:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
ok just switched from 1.6.4 to 2.1.0 the new layout is nice but will take some getting used to. i cant find the pop out streaming player now. oh and just a personal request, what about a link for livevideo party superparty? oh and i cant move stuff around the screen or minimize things.
If you are in windows you can minimize the app by clicking the icon in the taskbar, then simply click on it again to bring it back up.

I concur with adding the ability to move it. I would like it if there were some sort of movement handle. Either through pressing a hotkey, like ctrl or alt, the handle would show (that way the handle isn't always visible and I can enjoy the app's appearance without it), and then by click-hold-drag move the app to anywhere on my screen.

Otherwise, this is a HUGEly awesome upgrade from the older versions, and an incredible advertisement to me to look into Adobe Air development. Always loved the platform, and with its suggested support in Microsoft's Phone 7 OS due out later this year, I'm thinking about jumping in head first.

I'm certain I'll think of other "features" later, but for now, seems like you have everything covered except the ability to move it.

Good work dude!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

BTW My favorite feature is the auto-play live shows... inspired!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

It sounds like you need to add a conditional in your auto-tune routine which checks to see if the browser object in the application is "shown" and if the URL of the browser object is the UStream feed.

I don't know how you handle the "auto-tune" feature, which makes it a little more difficult for this (meaning me) Programmer/Analyst to give you a more targeted suggestion... but there it is anyway. Hope it helps!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

Four posts in a row officially makes me the Thread Hog, sorry about that, but I thought of another suggestion or two...

Just my personal preference, but maybe a little bit of consistency in the placement of the controls in popup windows would be nice. Specifically the close box ("X"). It seems to be in a different place in each type of window, and users are more familiar with that thing being in the upper-right corner anyway. Also, more pronounced window borders. I'm not sure if you can in Adobe Air, add drop shadows to give popup windows more depth and distance, but you can give those windows a dark thick border to make them stand out more.

None of these are deal breakers, it's an awesome application, just throwing my opinions out there.

BTW, have you written any other AIR apps? I'm curious how long it took you to do this, and exactly how easy/difficult it is. I definitely have extensive experience in Flash and Shockwave, will that help?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions, contemplating my suggestions, and for being a hands-on developer in general.