Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-01-2010, 07:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

wow that was fast! talk about ask and you shall receive. i never even had time to turn the app off before the next update so i dont know if it includes an automatic update checker but at this rate its gonna need one lol.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

The app is really cool, I've never really seen on that is so unobtrusive while still being in your face front and center. The first thing I tried to do with it was move it to my second monitor (which is my fun time monitor-away from prying eyes) but it can't be dragged to another location as far as I can tell. Otherwise this is a very well put together application. Now I just need Adobe AIR for Android so this could be the stand-in for the seemingly defunct KATG Android app. Great work!
Old 07-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

You da man. Thank you so much for all the input. I suppose I don't have to tell you, but you are a rare breed my friend... a developer who actually communicates with the end-user. Simply amazing.

Ok, so now I guess I have to invest in whatever dev package Adobe has in the AIR market. What do you recommend I get in order to start developing on the AIR platform?

I'm very VERY eager now! Thanks!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Awesome! Thanks for the info, again, you da man!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

This version is awesome! Everything I needed and a lot of what I wanted. Love the solutions you came up with to cover the issues.

Found an issue while playing around with the new drag functionality. When I drag the app onto any screen (I run quad monitors at a resolution of 2048 X 1152 on all), if I release above the 50% vertical (the top half of the screen above center), the app snaps to the vertical center of the screen. It's not a big deal, but it is unexpected behavior.

Just letting you know.

(This drag thing is the best! I love being able to put that on my "Misc" desktop [monitor 4] where I put all my utility apps.)
Old 07-04-2010, 12:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

When I try to install the app, it comes up with this.

"Sorry, an error has occurred.

The application could not be installed. Try installing it again. If the problem persists, contact the application author.

Error# 0"

I've tried installing it again. But still nothing.
Any idea what I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #17 (permalink)

Is it a normal thing for this app to rotate or skew wherever I move the pointer?
Old 07-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #18 (permalink)

Don't mind Incognito, he has trouble reading sometimes.

Great app, noticed a few things running it on a Mac:

The move button doesn't move the app (it looks 'clicked' when I click it though), but I can go into Spaces and move it around the screen or between spaces that way.

In the show notes and pictures window, your place in the order of pics doesn't reset when switching between episodes. That is, if I'm looking at the fourth picture for an episode then click another on the list, the fourth picture for the newly selected episode will display first. Don't know if there's a way to reset that each time but it'd be a nice touch.

Also in the show notes and pictures window, larger images are displayed at full size but cropped. While the cursor changes to the 'clicking hand,' there doesn't seem to be a way to view the whole image by clicking or right-clicking.

Cmd+R works for resetting the location of the main window but doesn't do the same for other windows. Don't think that's really an issue though!

Hope this helps. Keep up the great work.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:09 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenkin View Post
Don't mind Incognito, he has trouble reading sometimes.

Fair enough, I didn't read the feature list right away. I went straight to downloading and testing.

Last edited by Incognito; 07-04-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:24 AM   #20 (permalink)

i feel bad now. i asked for a livevideo link and you went to all the trouble of creating one, then the livevideo admin nerds pissed off keith by banning some poor girl for showing her tits (fucking power mad virgin pricks) and he yelled at them till they threw a hissy fit and kicked the whole show out. now you have a link on your nice new app that dosnt go any where. still i hope that when p!sp! finds a new home someone tells you so you can update the link.