Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #31 (permalink)

I screamed "YES!" when Myq got through and "FUCK!" when Jesse didn't with equal fervor. Congrats Myq, you definitely deserved it. Jesse, sorry you didn't get through (although I swear it wasn't my fault). I think Jesse would have gone further if the show were set up a little differently. What seemed like 45 seconds to tell jokes really kills different styles of joke telling in my opinion.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #32 (permalink)

I think Myq is hilarious, and was ecstatic to see him move on. I saw him around some other kinda funny comedians in his group and was like "Myq, Myq, Myq....*it's Myq* FUCK YEAH!!!"

How Jesse didn't go on is beyond me. I do like that other guy, but he was nowhere near as good a comedian as Jesse is. I'm also not a fan of that Esparza guy, his accent is too bad for me and his material ranges from kinda good to trite...like so much of his stuff sounds like something I've heard before..maybe not verbatim but just sounds old most of the time. And that Finestein girl, while she is pretty fine, her jokes aren't that great...good..but she definitely isn't "top 5" out of the group.

That Italian guy is pretty great. It amuses me that he's pretty genuinely funny, yet still has that very Italian, macho, I work in "waste management" look.

There was a moment when Myq did his set, when Natasha said something about his "intellectual humor" and she was glad to see it work in a large theater...I think she basically was saying "you're smart, it's cool that even these dumb people are getting it too" which is funny cause I was a bit worried that his humor might be lost in a cloud of dumb dumbs. Three cheers for the wordsmith!

I think the judges should be harsher in their critiques of the sets...I felt sometimes like they were trying to find positive things to say....dude if they suck they suck.

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club
Old 06-30-2010, 10:06 PM   #33 (permalink)

I think Jesse shot himself in the foot using one of his longer bits. I know that's his style but I really think if he had gone with shorter ones he would have gotten through.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #34 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Yeah, I loved Jesse's bit, but it really felt like he lost the audience with his long joke. Too bad, cause he is a funny, funny guy. And did anyone else notice the lack of "like"s in his speech? That's why Jesse lost, that wasn't the really Jesse! It was an imposter!

Ryan Hamilton was so hilarious and I'm so shocked that the girl was chosen instead of him. It's probably because the chick judge couldn't get into his jokes. C'mon, he was in a banana pose, falling towards to the earth with a guy strapped to his back and talking to his contacts. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

And, of course, Myq was awesome. Was so happy he was on first, it was a great way for the show to start. And yeah, I caught that "this audience is dumb" crack that the judge said. I hope you keep performing to smart audiences. GO MYQ!
Old 07-02-2010, 05:28 AM   #35 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diglass View Post
May you continue your supreme reign over the imbeciles, or more appropriately the less cunning linguists (not to be confused with cunnilingus), or even more appropriate, do better than the other comics who are dumb dumb heads!

After that, please book a show in Southern/Central Oregon and bring Ms. Fox with you and I shall make a salad with her favorite herbs to be served in a hand made glass bowl that I shall make myself.

If that's not a big enough request, I can think of lots more things other people want you to do with your own life.

USA USA QSA!!!!!!!
Thanks! So, become an elitist dictator of the newly named Q-nited States and then come visit you with Myka for food? Sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepetek View Post
Your logic, as per usual, sir, is impeccable.
Your comment, as per usual, is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmost View Post
Awesome job Myq! I thought all the katg guests were hilarious. I was really hoping Ryan Hamilton would of got picked too, he was definately one of the funniest people on the show. But congrats Myq you're hi larious!
Thanks! Ryan is funny, you are correct. (He's so hi-larious that he's HELLO-larious!) Eh? Ah? Oh.
Sincerely, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofadeeznizzles View Post
I screamed "YES!" when Myq got through and "FUCK!" when Jesse didn't with equal fervor. Congrats Myq, you definitely deserved it.
Thanks. YOU deserve it. For screaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
I think Myq is hilarious, and was ecstatic to see him move on. I saw him around some other kinda funny comedians in his group and was like "Myq, Myq, Myq....*it's Myq* FUCK YEAH!!!"
And you, thanks for cursing!
(I feel like it's the end of the Wizard of Oz. And YOU were there screaming, and YOU were there cursing. And Craig Robinson, I'll miss YOU most of all.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakesnsprinkles View Post
And, of course, Myq was awesome. Was so happy he was on first, it was a great way for the show to start. And yeah, I caught that "this audience is dumb" crack that the judge said. I hope you keep performing to smart audiences. GO MYQ!
Thanks! I have faith that they will have a brain. And I will have courage and a heart. And pretty shoes.

Hooray everyone!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #36 (permalink)

Is there anywhere online to watch this show? Or just the Jesse and Myq clips?
I'd prefer not to have to torrent anything. And we can't get Hulu in Canada.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #37 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpski View Post
Is there anywhere online to watch this show? Or just the Jesse and Myq clips?
I'd prefer not to have to torrent anything. And we can't get Hulu in Canada.
Can you get the NBC.com website, which has all the clips and whole episodes?

If not, someone put my set up on Youtube here, at least.

Enjoy!
Old 07-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myq View Post
Can you get the NBC.com website, which has all the clips and whole episodes?

If not, someone put my set up on Youtube here, at least.

Enjoy!
Sweet Myq!
Great job. First the Tonight Show and now this. Things are looking good for you.

Are there any other clips of you on the show? I have no idea how the format of the show works so I'm not sure if that was your first try-out or what...

*Edit* Err, wait semi-finals = not your first appearance.
So yeah, I'd love to see more.

Last edited by Humpski; 07-03-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:40 AM   #39 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpski View Post
Sweet Myq!
Great job. First the Tonight Show and now this. Things are looking good for you.

Are there any other clips of you on the show? I have no idea how the format of the show works so I'm not sure if that was your first try-out or what...

*Edit* Err, wait semi-finals = not your first appearance.
So yeah, I'd love to see more.
Thanks much!
There was an audition round where I did a minute or two's worth of jokes, but there's no specific clip that I know of, outside of Hulu or NBC's website having the whole episode up.

But, there will be another set from me this Monday, after which you can call and vote and make there be more sets from me on future Mondays!

Thanks for watching and voting, everyone who does or means to (but mostly does)!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #40 (permalink)

It's so nice to see smart comedy for a change. I had to keep replaying the youtube clips of Myq just to make sure I understood the jokes. Part of that is because he talks so fast. I found myself being annoyed that everyone in the audience was laughing. "They don't really understand! They are laughing just to laugh! They must be drunk! Why don't I get it the first time?!" Either way, it's a nice change of pace from the usual types of comedy out there.