Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #31 (permalink)

Hello everyone, I was accidentally left off of the ballot but have been encouraged by Sparrow to participate as a write in candidate. If you want to vote for me, just make sure you post about it http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...lot-box-17353/

[ ] eating candy
[ ] painted
[ ] religious
[ ] post work out sweat
[ ] duck face
[ ] artistic B&W
[ ] political ad for write-in candidate of choice
[ ] night wear
[X] sports team of choice
[ ] classy as fuck

My sports team picture is in support of the Wheels of Justice! Wheels of Justice : RCR's Travel Team

Last year I only took phone pics because my good camera wasn't that good. This year my battery charger seems to have gone missing and my camera died JUST NOW. So this may be another year of phone pics, but hey, better phone this year.

This is basically me! Little to no make-up, and I don't really comb my hair. You love it.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #32 (permalink)

kae's in it to win it, y'all.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
My sports team picture is in support of the Wheels of Justice! Wheels of Justice : RCR's Travel Team
WEEEEELS OFFFF JUSTICEEEEEE!

They're my favorite team! I'm nowhere near Portland, but they're the only team that regularly posts bouts on youtube. And White Flight is the BEST. Really sucks that they didn't make it to champs. Atlanta's in there, though. That's a big surprise to me, but I haven't been watching them all year like WOJ.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Dukes View Post
WEEEEELS OFFFF JUSTICEEEEEE!

They're my favorite team! I'm nowhere near Portland, but they're the only team that regularly posts bouts on youtube. And White Flight is the BEST. Really sucks that they didn't make it to champs. Atlanta's in there, though. That's a big surprise to me, but I haven't been watching them all year like WOJ.
Exciting! Many girls on WOJ were part of my initial derby training back when I lived in Portland. White Flight is basically the nicest person ever. She retired this year though because she is starting a family.

As far as champs go, I don't know if you heard but this is the last year they are using a regional structure, I think Wheels have a much better chance next year because it's not just West Coast teams they are up against (West Coast slaughters other regions, not counting Gotham out of New York).

Once Madison got knocked out, and then Portland I wasn't really sure who to root for (probably Windy). But a friend who transferred to Atlanta asked me to root for them, so I am!

Oh, also I am working on a website right now that will include links to all streaming bouts as well as archives. DerbySpot Follow on FB or Twitter to find out when it's up!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #35 (permalink)

i gave up football after the divorce. what's this about champion atlantan derby chicks?
Old 10-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
i gave up football after the divorce. what's this about champion atlantan derby chicks?
Atlanta's team is hosting the Championships this year. Even so, they weren't expected to qualify to participate. They surprised everyone by getting in the top three for their region. They went in #6 and came out #2!

Here's some info if you want to watch in person! Tournament Schedule - Women’s Flat Track Derby Association

I will not be making the trip since I already take 2-3 trips a year.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #37 (permalink)

Good show, ladies. Good show! Always love this contest every year.

Team ChiquitaKite!!

We may be in the chat this weekend to bump uglies to drum up votes. I'm sure we'll tweet it when its time.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
White Flight is basically the nicest person ever.
Good to know she's as cool in real life as she is on skates!

Quote:
As far as champs go, I don't know if you heard but this is the last year they are using a regional structure.
Whaaat, that's crazy. Yeah, the West is a powerhouse, and they have so many stand-out skaters, both in skills and face paint, lol. When you can't see bouts in person, skaters like Demanda Riot have a much bigger impact. So, what's a new structure gonna solve? Will there be more variety in teams that play each other? One thing I can't figure out is why Tallahassee didn't play Jacksonville or Tampa all year. I guess it was so they could more easily stay #9 SC or whatever they were. If you ask me, they ought to play everyone they can and get better rather than tip-toe into the regional tournament. Will a new structure switch up that sort of thinking?

Quote:
Oh, also I am working on a website right now that will include links to all streaming bouts as well as archives. DerbySpot Follow on FB or Twitter to find out when it's up!
Right on! I'll keep an eye out.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Dukes View Post
So, what's a new structure gonna solve? Will there be more variety in teams that play each other?
Basically the top 40 teams every year will bout each other. They will still do the big five though I guess.

Quote:
the top 40 teams will be divided between the four Division I Playoffs using “S-curve” seeding, similar to what is used to seed the NCAA basketball playoffs. Seed number 1 will be in a playoff with seeds number 8, 9, 16, 17, etc;
They will also have a smaller, lower level tournament which is exciting.

WFTDA to Introduce New Playoff Structure in 2013 - Latest News - Women’s Flat Track Derby Association
Old 10-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarrob View Post
Team ChiquitaKite!!

We may be in the chat this weekend to bump uglies to drum up votes.
this is not a bluff. these two people will absolutely live fuck. everybody get behind this.

p.s.

Scooter Pie Fun Time Masturbatory Pledge Drive

Last edited by Sparrow; 10-17-2012 at 02:54 PM.