Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree2Likes

Old 10-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Administrator
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was looking at new scales last night to help me keep track of my weight. I have a scale but I want something that I can use to not only help me keep track of my weight but also something that can do the same for everyone else in the family.

I think I am going to to buy a Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Scale. It might be a little pricey however I think its going to get the job done. It will keep track of a few peoples weight automatically and put it all into my fitbit account online.

While im buying the scale im also going to go ahead and order another Fitbit. I think this is my 5th or 6th one I am replacing because iv lost it. It might sound stupid to buy yet another one but any weight iv lost has been in part because of my use of the Fitbit. not because it helped me keep track of the amount I have walked but simply because having it in my pocket helped always reminded me that walking was an option I should be taking. I personally found it really helpful anyway.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

Alright so today I did 12.9 miles on a stationary bike and then did about an hour of strength training and floor exercises (abs, pushups, lunges, squats).

MWF I also usually do an hour of swimming laps, but today I needed to take that hour to study. I should be back in the pool on wednesday.

Oh also, I like to weigh in weekly and will be doing that on mondays if anyone else wants to join in on that.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
I was looking at new scales last night to help me keep track of my weight. I have a scale but I want something that I can use to not only help me keep track of my weight but also something that can do the same for everyone else in the family.

I think I am going to to buy a Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Scale. It might be a little pricey however I think its going to get the job done. It will keep track of a few peoples weight automatically and put it all into my fitbit account online.

While im buying the scale im also going to go ahead and order another Fitbit. I think this is my 5th or 6th one I am replacing because iv lost it. It might sound stupid to buy yet another one but any weight iv lost has been in part because of my use of the Fitbit. not because it helped me keep track of the amount I have walked but simply because having it in my pocket helped always reminded me that walking was an option I should be taking. I personally found it really helpful anyway.
Do pens and paper not work anymore?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Woo first day complete! 40 minutes of cardio, 10 minutes of abs, along with a few arm machines. I need to practice some free weight exercises at home so I can not feel like a fool at the gym. I always feel like people are watching me (let's face it, the creepy dudes are) and I generally don't know what I'm doing so I just don't do it.

Great breakfast, minimal snacking, and a semi-light dinner. So far so good! Keep it up guys!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalemon View Post
Woo first day complete! 40 minutes of cardio, 10 minutes of abs, along with a few arm machines. I need to practice some free weight exercises at home so I can not feel like a fool at the gym. I always feel like people are watching me (let's face it, the creepy dudes are) and I generally don't know what I'm doing so I just don't do it.

Great breakfast, minimal snacking, and a semi-light dinner. So far so good! Keep it up guys!
Let's be real. All dudes are staring at all women all the time at the gym. It will be tenfold worse if you are going to use the weights. My advice is to always dress down as much as possible. Don't be like those girls that will buy expensive, super nice, skin tight gym outfits (lululemon)
Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Dudes are dudes, I know but when basically following me from area to area I get real self conscious and basically want to leave. No matter how dressed down I am ( usually shorts, baggy t, no make up) there's always 1 or 2 that hover. I should just stop going at the same time everyday to catch a different crowd but my schedule isn't that flexible most days
Old 10-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Administrator
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
Do pens and paper not work anymore?
Yes they do work but it is the future right?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #28 (permalink)

Welllp... Today did not go so well. I have a pretty raunchy upper respiratory infection and that pretty much squashed working out. I can say I've been eating a bare minimum as I haven't had much of an appetite since I've been sick. I'm thinking of speaking with my doctor on Wednesday about doing a 60 day juice fast like that friendly Australian fella I saw in a documentary. As it stands today I have not stepped on a scale as it kind of makes me want to plunge off the nearest cliff. Ill do a formal weigh in and measure tomorrow and post the numbers. I can't decide if I'm doing progress photos, who all here is doing progress photos? I'm guessing I'm weighing in at about 220 but I could be wrong I guess we will all know in the morning. Let's get healthy! I wanna look stellar for April!

https://twitter.com/#!/KateStGermaine

"Every so often, I try to masturbate a large word into conversation, even if I'm not really sure what it means."
Old 10-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #29 (permalink)

Day 2 and Week One photos

Before photos I took yesterday. Ignore my junk bulge.

photo (1).JPG

photo.JPG

Today was plyometrics. Plyometrics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Needless to say I had no desire to do anything remotely workout ish today. In a ton of pain in my upper body from chest and back yesterday. Just really weak and sluggish, but i had some coffee and smoked about 5 cigarettes and got back in the game. No pain no gain, right? Is that what people say?

Curious to see how I feel tomorrow. Fucking hell. But hey, I can't quit yet!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Smile 10 miles

I did a quick 10 miles on my stationary bike. I say its quick because its the fastest pace I have had since I started recording these. After a few hours of work I might have to try another ride.