Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 02-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
what's wrong with Ian????
You never heard that?

He's a cutie though.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Keith has never met an Ian who wasn't an asshole => all Ians grow up to be assholes.
pfft...Fuck that...

My Ian will buck the trend is all.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
You never heard that?

He's a cutie though.
Thanks....he is my little superstar....
Old 02-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
:-( Thanks for the honest reply!

I am hoping that a change in the physical will result in a happier me. It has before. I am relying on this. If I end up still being mouthy and bitchy at what I consider my "happy weight" then we got ourselves another problem.

At least taking control of things has made me feel better so that's a good start right?
Sorry if that was a downer. I was basically trying to say that liking yourself is harder at first, but is better in the long run.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

I'm finding this thread very interesting, but I don't have anything constructive to say about keeping motivated. So many people really find eating right and exercising difficult, I wonder why I'm such a freak.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Just logged in to say I'm on the Watchers as well and for recipes that are easy/cost conscious/are actually made of food check Ginas Skinny Recipes terrible name great recipes....

That and fruit being 0 points has been big developments for me...Check on some banana Ice Cream if you haven't had it already OF THE GODS
Old 02-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
Just logged in to say I'm on the Watchers as well and for recipes that are easy/cost conscious/are actually made of food check Ginas Skinny Recipes terrible name great recipes....

That and fruit being 0 points has been big developments for me...Check on some banana Ice Cream if you haven't had it already OF THE GODS
I'm all OVER the bananas
Thank you so much for the links I will bookmark to my faves!

I am also adding regularly to the recipe exchange, I will start adding my WW recipes. I will add the point values as I go ok?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
I'm finding this thread very interesting, but I don't have anything constructive to say about keeping motivated. So many people really find eating right and exercising difficult, I wonder why I'm such a freak.
Eating right is difficult for me mostly because it takes continuous effort. I'm really good at one-off things, but consistent small effort is tough (timing meals, cooking, etc). I just end up getting takeout or buying hot dogs to microwave because cooking a chicken and potato dinner would take 30 minutes (small effort, but has to be done constantly every few days). I don't really have junk food problems because I just don't buy it when doing grocery shopping, I'm not really sure why that's so hard to do.

I went from 162 8%bf in August to 183 and probably 15%bf now since I let the diet go, so I'm gonna have to stay on top of it again. I'll also have to start running again, which I think is a totally useless exercise, but it's easy calorie fodder and provides at least a bit of physical benefit.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
Check on some banana Ice Cream if you haven't had it already OF THE GODS
I am voting this as the official best posting of all time.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
K.9

Hey Campy, I can't help much but just wanted to say good on ya for setting a goal and going for it. What I CAN add is that when I need to reach a goal I find having smaller goals along the way really helps. Let's say you want to lose 100 lbs (random number). Well looking at 100 lbs as a whole is seriously daunting. I would break up 100 lbs into say 10 or 15 lbs increments. Aim for that, then when you get there give yourself a little treat and a pat on the back. Then the next day you start on your next micro-goal.
Good luck!