Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-26-2006, 07:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Not even worth renting. I went to a busy theater on a Friday night and everytime Paul Giamatti stuttered the audience would crack up. Guess the race.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

okay...so is it bad based solely on its own, or are you comparing it to his other movies? are you the target audience? was it poorly written? was it actually poorly written, or is it like the 2nd and 3rd matrix movies, where people say they it sucks because they just didnt get the movies? was the acting what ruined it? the production/special effects?

just saying it sucks is meaningless without some kind of reason. you give a reason and i can evaluate your credibility and compare your taste with my own.

though predictable, i enjoy m night shamalalamamalans movies, at least so far, should i pass on this one?
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
okay...so is it bad based solely on its own, or are you comparing it to his other movies? are you the target audience? was it poorly written? was it actually poorly written, or is it like the 2nd and 3rd matrix movies, where people say they it sucks because they just didnt get the movies? was the acting what ruined it? the production/special effects?

just saying it sucks is meaningless without some kind of reason. you give a reason and i can evaluate your credibility and compare your taste with my own.

though predictable, i enjoy m night shamalalamamalans movies, at least so far, should i pass on this one?
the Cronicals Of Riddick movies and the first Matrix= fuckin awsome
Old 07-26-2006, 08:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilay
Not even worth renting. I went to a busy theater on a Friday night and everytime Paul Giamatti stuttered the audience would crack up. Guess the race.
HMMMMMMM, Cambodian?
Old 07-26-2006, 09:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

I like is stuff too, even The Village. And I don't know ANYBODY who liked that movie. I just have to be really sure a movie's gonna be good before I shell out $12 bucks each for tickets for me and the wife, plus dinner, plus gas ( the good theatre with the stadium seating is all the way across town ) and I've heard nothing good about this movie. The only reason I saw Clerks 2 in the theatre was I had free passes.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Rook
I like is stuff too, even The Village. And I don't know ANYBODY who liked that movie.
I liked The Village. I even kept it on my hard drive.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:05 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by william
I liked The Village. I even kept it on my hard drive.
You didn't like it enough to buy it?

Old 07-26-2006, 10:08 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Rook
You didn't like it enough to buy it?
PVR'ed it off cable and saw it on a trip. Liked it enough to keep it.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:

Personally I liked Unbreakable.

How was Shyamalan's acting in this movie (Lady in the Water)?
Old 07-26-2006, 10:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooda
Personally I liked Unbreakable.

How was Shyamalan's acting in this movie (Lady in the Water)?
I thought he did good in Signs, but that was a pretty small role. I'm also kinda curious how he does with a bigger part.