Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-26-2006, 11:45 PM   #21 (permalink)

A little bit darker than Cambodian and a totally different continent.

The movie just got too predictable, there were points were it could of been good . . . but it didn't and wasn't. Maybe Shamalamadingdong was going for a different approach this time. There was only 2 (or 3) scary scenes that actually made people jump. The rest of the movie was almost a mystery, following Paul Giamatti's character around trying to solve a puzzle. I don't know how to explain without giving the movie away so if you REALLY want to know the whole movie, pm me.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:23 AM   #22 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Paul is really the lady in the water, and the lady is really Paul.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:57 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooda
Personally I liked Unbreakable.

Me too. I liked Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense the best. I think he does a great job creating atmosphere with his films, they are always beautiful to look at, and he tends to get some pretty solid performances out of his actors. But his storylines tend to be trite, cliched, and far too common for anyone who's seen more than one episode of The Twilight Zone. That's his big problem. If he could get someone better to actually come up with the plotline and just stick to directing, he'd be golden. I think he could do fabulous work with period pieces, but I know those aren't as sexy as aliens that can be killed with water and hippies who want to live on Walden Pond.

As another point, I kept wondering where I'd heard the word "narf" before (that's the name of the creature Shaymalan claims he invented for this movie). Then I saw a commercial for the DVD release of Pinky and the Brain and remembered.

"What are we going to do tonight, Brain?"

"The same thing we do every night. Try to take over the world!"
Old 08-03-2006, 01:32 PM   #24 (permalink)

Thumbs down Crap movie from a crap director-SPOILERS!!!

I am not a M.Night Shamalama ding dong follower. I have only seen Sixth Sense and had to sit thru Unbreakable. This movie was too long, there were some many things that did not makes sense. Sorry if I am not that deep, just looked like he was just making up stuff as he went along.

1. The title-unimaginative and also little misleading. You only see her (the narf or whatever she is called) in the water once, she does get in the shower but you are never told what powers the water gives her. She can hold her breath for long periods, but no one questions it, and it is never explained

2. The room in the pool-Why does she steal trinkets, how the hell does the building super know to do a maguyver and get air from the upside down glasses. He apparently can hold his breath for some time as well. ..and what is with al the jewelry.

3. The narf, How did she learn english, how does she know to wear a shirt, what powers does she have, why can't she just come out and say what's up...might of saved about an hour. I forget, her job is stay stay wet, look waifish, and act scared....

4. Characters-Soem stereotypical types, broken english speaking asians, stoner white guys, there was a bodybuilding hispanic dude, I was surprised that the black dude didn't start breakdancing..I mean the movie was just that corny...interestingly enough, M Night's huge ego could not be escaped as he cast himself in a rather sizeable role as part of an Indian couple..funny how they had perfect English.

5. M Night-You suck as an actor

6. Paul Giamatti and Jeffrey Wright-when bad movies happen to good actors, news at 11

7. Ok so the grass wolf, "scrunt" is waiting to kill teh narf, why couln't she just stay in the water..isn't that the title of the movie?????

8. Tree monkeys?..they have the worst timing

9. we get it, you don't like movie critics...now get over yourself..this movie was so self masturbatory

10. "This is the part that gets really dangerous"-yes the narf says this in a walkie talkie..it was so cheesy I had to stifle a laugh...where did she learn to use a walkie talkie anyway..do they have the internet in "the blue world"??

11. The rest of the cast/characters-ok so the building maintenace guy, the janitor..tells you , he has a half naked really young for him chick in his house, who is a "narf"..try to keep up here..., comes from the blue world...she has a scrunt or grass wolf with red eyes, but you can only see him using a mirror, and is trying to kill her..she can't go back into the pool..she has to stand by the pool..while an eagle comes by and grabs her..meanwhile some tree monkees might attack, the scrunt is poisonous (take special note it is slow acting and hair color changing poison)...none of the tenants question any of this..they all said oh ok, let's help her..by throwing a party..meanwhile the old asian woman knows a lot about this...could not just get the hunting party...together herself???..and the naked narf..I thought for sure the stoner dudes would try to get her drunk and bang her...by the time she is stark naked in a shower...again she likes water, no explanation why...oh I give up..this was a bedtime story he told his kids..no wonder they fell asleep.........
Old 08-03-2006, 01:45 PM   #25 (permalink)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCK YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!