Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-17-2006, 08:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down Little Man Box Office figures

It took $21.7m over its opening weekend, which puts it in 2nd place behind Pirates of the Caribbean, $62.2m, and just ahead of Me, You and Dupree (another dumb movie you don't need to see if you've seen the trailer), $21.3m.
A Scanner Darkly took $1.19m, which means Little Man is 20 times better than that.

I hope you're happy now, KATG.

rottentomatoes.com has a good selection of the (horrendous) reviews for the film.
My favourites: "I fear for humanity"; "This film is awful in too many ways to count" and "Orthodontic surgery would be more fun than this film".

It hasn't been released in the UK yet, possibly because it'll go straight to DVD over here, I hope.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

$21 million is quite a good opening, especially considering Pirates of the Caribbean. It will definitely open in Britain, though I'm guessing just by what the movie looks like, it probably cost the higher side of $50 million to make, but this will be regarded as a success by the time you take into account worldwide earnings and DVD's.

It's not really fair to compare A Scanner Darkly considering it, I assume, opened in limited release, and as long as it does decently, should open up in more cinemas (I'm guessing it will anyway just based on the calibre of the actors involved).

Pencil the Wayan brothers in for another movie based on the performance of Little Man.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Man, why couldn't they keep making quality films like Don't Be A Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in The Hood?
Old 07-17-2006, 10:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

Scanner Darkly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooda
It's not really fair to compare A Scanner Darkly considering it, I assume, opened in limited release, and as long as it does decently, should open up in more cinemas (I'm guessing it will anyway just based on the calibre of the actors involved).
I actually just emailed my local movie theater here in Nowhere, Missouri about A Scanner Darkly. He said that it was only having "Week 1-17 prints, week 2 - 216 prints". So unless its a run away success, thats probably it. :/ Looks like an awesome movie though.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eean
I actually just emailed my local movie theater here in Nowhere, Missouri about A Scanner Darkly. He said that it was only having "Week 1-17 prints, week 2 - 216 prints". So unless its a run away success, thats probably it. :/ Looks like an awesome movie though.
Yeah, though one that seems destined to be a cult hit rather than a commercial one.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooda
Yeah, though one that seems destined to be a cult hit rather than a commercial one.
And arent those the best anyway?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Sport
And arent those the best anyway?
Yeah, because it means the filmmakers don't have to adapt the film to make it digestible for everyone, but can just aim at making it good.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Little Man Breaks Record

The movie is the quickest to hit Internet Movie Database's list of the bottom 100 movies of all time. Little Man currently ranks as the 24th worst movie of all time. The movie has already gathered over 900 votes with a horrible 2.1 rating. This means that 72% of voters gave this film a 1 rating, the lowest rating you can give a film on imdb.
http://www.slashfilm.com/article.php/20060716163812624
Old 07-18-2006, 07:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

This movie is just a setup for Scary Movie X.

Something they can make fun of later on